Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a real weird sounding noise on hard left turns with my brembos. It started right after they were installed. Anyone else get new noises with big brake kit install? Is there a chance that the noise comes from the factory brake shield ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
What shape are your pads in? If they are thin and the new rotors are a lot thicker than the old rotors, the pad tabs could hitting. What does it sound like, squeek, rattle, grind?

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
when i put new wheels on my car the clearance between the wheels and the calipers was so razor thin that under hard braking, my wheels would rub the caliper causing a strange noise. a little filing fixed it.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not the pads they came with the kit. Its not the calipers either. My wheels ( technospeed Z1's in 18x9 up front ) clear the calipers completely. Were talking at least 1/4 inch clearance.
I suspect its the factory shields or whatever they called. The thin metal shield fibrating but i am not sure. Any other ideas? Its like a high pitched whine and doesnt seem to have much to do with applying brakes and everything to do with hard turning. Only hard left turns. Its not tire rubbing either. Hmmm

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
dust shields .....

Nah the shop I was using at the time did it that way. I would have cut them off personally if I was doing the work :rolleyes:

But since I do all my own work now and have sworn off all shops
guess I will do what I always do and FIX IT.

I have never had one mod or repair or even brake pad install ever done by a shop where I didnt have to go back after them and fix something
:fruit:

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Re: dust shields .....

Raretoy said:
Nah the shop I was using at the time did it that way. I would have cut them off personally if I was doing the work :rolleyes:

But since I do all my own work now and have sworn off all shops
guess I will do what I always do and FIX IT.

I have never had one mod or repair or even brake pad install ever done by a shop where I didnt have to go back after them and fix something
:fruit:
Yeah I remember reading about all your troubles, whew it was actually quite painful reading about all the screwups, lol.

Hopefully its the dust shields. I know on my car there wasnt any way to make it work with them on so off they went.

Other than that hopefully the brembo kit I sold ya has been ok? :)

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah its been good all except what I stated here. Great... so there was no way of making it work with them on... Hmmm could it be yet another instance of a shop "Making it work" Geeez!
I went ahead and filed a lawsuit against that New York shop that took my money and never did the work then mess my car up and even kept my materials I paid for. Needless to say I won that lawsuit. They said I could serve them the papers next time I see them at a PA show or I could take the trouble to transfer it to New York. Hmmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts