Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
OVRBST said:
Ok, it's a 94 TT 6 speed. Trac eliminate was done, other than that the entire system is stock (lines, calipers)

Problem is the brake pedal feels normal on initial hit, but fades about 1/2 way down then stops and is as firm as it's supposed to be. On first thought, it's air in the lines, so bleed them....right! No change at all. Fluid is max. I can almost feel the back brakes fade away when the pedal fades. When the pedal stops 1/2 way down the fronts are 100%, rears are basically 0%.

I've bled plenty of brakes but these are not right. Just tried to bleed them again, and there is no pressure going to the back brakes!?! Car off, pump pedal and it does not feel right. Pressing on pedal hard, open rear bleeder, and nothing...just dribbles out. Fronts bleed as should. You can tell by the wear on the rear rotors that the back brakes have not been working correctly for some time.

Master cylinder?
Something to do with the Trac removal? (although I've done this to 3 other cars with no issues)
Brake booster?
Crushed rubber line?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex W.
Alex,

how did you bleed them and have you always had the problem or is this recent?

I'd get them bled with a vacula to pull fluid thru the whole line...... if you have air stuck somewhere it will get it. Sounds like you have some air in the system.

FWIW, Sears at the Mall of NH did my 95 - changed all the brake fluid with a vacula for $60.

sent you email on sidebar stuff.

-M

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
pedal pressure draws fluid out but it doesn't pass much fluid thru the line. If you have a bubble in the line, you need to flow it all the way thru.... sometimes you get a "sticker" and pulling it thru with a vacula can flow enough without the back and forth of the pedal. I don't think there is a blockage, that's not what I meant.

You have access to a vacula? hmmmm....... you know what I'm thinking.

-M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.