Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sound sounds like a internal fan that is spining really fast and is off center, it only happens at 4000 rpm and above. To make it even more confussing it does not happen all the time but when it does happen it happens all day. I tried all different A/C setting no change. Anyone have this problem? The sound seems to be coming from the passenger side vent on the left side of the dash.Car is bone stock 95 with under 54K on it. Any insight would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
it's not one of those air freshener things, is it.... maybe some one left it in there on accident .....all jokes aside, i have not the slightest idea what it could be........... but i'll keep my eyes open here on the net and maybe i can find something similar to what you are talking about

peace

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air freshener that is a good one.....shit man..... the car still smells new! Anyhow I am now guessing 50 views and no one knows or have heard of this type of thing before, it must not be a problem other people have had. Again just happy to part of the Supra family... peace out peoples!

·
Registered
43 Posts
SOUNDS familiar!

Z-Dog,

I feel your pain man. I too am hearing the sound coming from the passenger side vents. It sounds like a leaf or paper or something is stuck on a fan blade. It only happens after certain RPM. Also, I noticed that mine only happens if I have the temperature dial above 70 degrees. I just thought it was normal wear and tear. If you ever find out what it is, let me know. Thanks man.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
i've got the same problem. sounds like a little rattle, i tried whacking my passenger airbag a few good times...didnt fix it :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ghosts?!?!?!? Can't be they don't exist but maybe some gremlins :bigthumb:

Well I plan on getting to the bottom of this sometime and I'll post up the solution when I find the problem.

·
Registered
479 Posts
one of your tire has low air pressure!! it could be off by a lb or so. you may want to also check the black cover where the hood meets the windsheld. I think this is where the outside air is sucked in. If something is stuck it could sould like it's rattling.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
Xenon Supra maybe its your glove box , it rattles when the case hits the two little plastic edge's... hell idk thats the only rattle i got from my Passenger side. GL

·
Registered
43 Posts
PhastSupra,

Good reply, but I thought that might be the case too. The sound only happens when the AC or heat is running and the revs are up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts