Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently been experiencing this strange sensation at slower speeds, noticeable in 2nd and 3rd gears between approximately 2000-3000 rpms. It is most pronounced while holding a constant speed in 2nd gear at 2600 rpms. The car will kind of stutter or hesitate as it drives along, a sort of herky-jerky feeling to it, but without any engine missing or inappropriate sounds.
I’ve already tried changing out my plugs, capping my bleeder T, and going back to the stock bov..... none of these changed anything.

Ideas?

I’ve got 67k miles on a ‘93 6-speed, my BPUs are K&N intake, Greddy exhaust, Greddy BCC, bleeder T, and Greddy type S bov. I haven’t done the 60k maintainance yet, but will be in the next few weeks.

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
same problem

I have the same problem with my '95 auto but it happens in the higher RPM's, mainly, when I floor it. I floor it, it reaches about 5000rpms, and it doesnt feel like its "pulling" you back in the seat all the time. I think my fuel injectors might need to be replaced. Not sure though. Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HOSE POPPED OFF

I had a similar problem last weekend. I noticed my car was hesitating a bit around 2500-3000 rpms. Boost would start to build, then it felt like it stopped, then it came back again. I checked my hoses, and sure enough one had popped of right by the turbo pressure sensor.

It sounds like you might have already checked your hoses out, but I would try them again, just sounds too similar to my problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
TPS

A picture is worth 1k words.

Go to www.mkiv.com, tech articles, scroll down to the free fuel cut defencer mod (under bpu, then number 2).

Once on the FFCD mod page you will see something labeled C in the first picture. The hose that popped off for me was right below the TPS. The article should help you enough to find it.

You could also hear a hissing noise with the car running and my head over the engine bay. That was how I found mine.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts