Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my odometer stopped working and i have resoldered it 2 times and everytime, it starts counting for about 5km and then stopps again. I have done the splice mod on the connector on the back also have tried putting it back to original and also tried removing my speedo converter but it didnt solve anything.
The car is a jspec 94' and my odometer isnt looking like the once i see on the internet, it got a extra 2 solders on the top and nothing between them, and then i also found that on one place there is absolutely something that has broken of OR if this is a difference between miles and km units?? Otherwise if that isnt the case i need to know what has been there so i could solder one on and try that.

So question is, is my soldering that bad that it only works so short or is there missing parts on the PCB? Also would like to know if anyone knows the part number for the odometer pcb or price for one

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hey I had the same issue with the odometer you are having. My first thought was weak solder joints so i took it to a cell phone repair guy i know that has all the micro soldering tools, he cleaned up the solder for me as best as he can do with his hand and that still did not solve the issue. There is a guy on the forum his name is Shawn and goes by the user name Bitshftr on the forum. He has the machinery to repair your odometer and resolder the micro soldering points you cant see with your naked eye. I sent my odometer to him and in a week it came back to me fully functional that is of course if you didnt damage your odometer already. He is a long time supra guy and enjoys repairing these parts to keep us on the road, a real asset to this community. Try and msg him on the forum. Hope this helps you and anyone else that encountered a similar problem

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
Great recommendation.

I ended up buying a new one years ago. I think they may be discontinued now.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts