Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Just wondering how easy a complete kit is to find and what sort of budget I would need if I wanted to pick one up.

Thanks.

·
From the land down under
4,122 Posts
They are very rare to pop up for sale here. I think I have only seen 3 or 4 in the time I have been on the forum.

I do not know whether or not all the parts are discontinued, but I did see a few bits of one for sale on an auction site, which was all New Old Stock. It was the air scoop that bolts to the hot side of engine, and it was the seal, but the main scoop itself was missing.

Good luck on your search though :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, after speaking with Toyota it would seem that most of the components are discontinued.

What should my budget be for a complete set up? $500? $1000? $1500? More?

If someone has a set it would be good to have an idea of what I will need to offer to get them to part with it.

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
All components are discontinued, I've seen them in the past year for 600 bucks, I've seen them as much as 1200, but rare to see them period. I purchased a hood recently with one installed and lucked out.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
441 Posts
I have all the parts. I bought them years ago from Curt and just never got around to painting the hood scoop or installing.. I even have the underside metal piece that directs the incoming air to the back cylinders.Honestly I don't know if I would sell. I would really like to install it one day.

If I had to sell, someone is selling their proefi kit for 2400 so I would try for a significant portion of that. Not trying to be an ass, just it would take a lot for me to sell it

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
So price is seller dependent rather than a constant?
When a couple sell a year there is no constant. It's more like how bad do you want it.

Reactions: Ben_R

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve been offered a complete NOS (new old stock) set for $1500...

Could that be considered a bargain due to the rarity?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out of interest what would you be asking? Doesn‘t feel like much of a deal to me :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Haven't really thought about it. The intent is to add it on when I get the car resprayed. If someone walked up and offered $1500 for it, my reply would be "Nahh, no thanks". I don't need the $1500 enough.

Everything has a price :) But $1500 isn't it, at least for me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That seems to be where most owners are coming from and I can understand it. Those that have them can’t decide whether they want to sell or not as they know they will never get another without a lot of work searching and a big payout.

I guess it’s finding the owner of said scoop with the lowest price.

Thanks for the replies, mucho appreciated. It gives me food for thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts