Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stillen front bodykit and my car is black, it has been out in the sun and for some reason the bumper looks like a different kind of black than the hood and it's kinda warped, I decided to get a front bumper and get a lip for it, If I were to go to a Toyota dealership would they still sell the OEM front bumper or do I have to special order it? I'm probably asking a dumb question, but eh :dunno:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Even if the Toyota dealer can still get you one, I think it would be pretty expensive. I'd just look here on the boards and see if anyone is selling a used one. Probably going to be your best bet and save you money.

~Asim

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Or he could just call a dealer and find out in 3 minutes :D

They cost about $275. The problem you see with your black is a prime example that even black isn't always just black. There are different hues/casts of blacks.....just depends on the brand that was used. Some may look a little more bronze than others and some are much deeper/truer black than others. Very slight differences, but certain sun angles will exaggerate them.
When you order a new bumper, ask for a 94 bumper...I went through 2 97-98 bumpers and they showed up with predrilled holes in them for the licence plates...the "94 bumper" did not...however, it may have just been a bumper that sat in storage somewhere....and apparently the very new ones are getting shipped over here predrilled :mad:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
A good idea ^ Especially because of the predrilled holes issue. I'm talking about 4 (yes 4) holes poked in these brand new babies...each about the size of a nickel!! And rubber isnt as easy to fix as metal is, so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts