Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my trim pieces (Front lip, side mouldings, fan shroud, whatever else) are looking a little dull and worn, and I was considering just hitting them with some fresh paint. At first I was thinking a gloss or semi-gloss black (The soup is red), but now I'm thinking I want to just give it a fresh, maybe glossier than OEM coat of the original greyish color.

My question is, is it the same color paint that's used throughout the car, like on the front lip and mouldings, the fan shroud, any of the coil pack cover, and on the main dash pieces, as well? It all looks to be about the same. Anyways, do I have to get this stuff straight from Toyota? Also, do I need to use special kinds of paint for the different surfaces and operating temps the paints will see? Thanks!

·
Banned
724 Posts
I think there where 2 shades of the grey(side skirt) you are speaking of on the sups, but could be wrong, try Jeff at Champion, might know better.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Isn't it some kind of rubber coating?

Dan.

·
Always on pump gas...
700 Posts
for the front lip and sideskirts i used that stuff from Meguiars called ''Back to Black". Its at any auto parts store or even Walmart carries it. Works pretty good for $5.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^I don't like that look. I'd rather give it an OEM look with a bit of a polish, similar to chroming OEM wheels, or removing lines from the headlights. Get what I mean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts