Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have an after market bov and the stock one isnt even hooked up to a vacum line, so can i cap off the hose and plug\tape where the oem bov goes? the bolt stripped and doesnt tread all the way in or else i wouldnt worry about it. instead i would like to cap the nipple and tape the open hole from the oem bov. is this possible or would it cause major problems? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
934 Posts
what bolt are you referring to? do u mean the bolt on the hose clamp? if u are, dont be lazy. wire cutters will cut through hose clamps as long as it aint steel. its bit annoying but do it the right way. once thats done, remove bov and the two hoses and go from there.

also u didnt exactly state where u are mounting the aftermarket bov. is the kit made to fit on the stock location or on the intercooler pipes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/IMG]

no not the hose clamp, but the one bolt that holds the oem bov on. idont have a beeter pic but will try and get one up here. the after market bov is already on and working fine.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
That seems like a fine plan. I would recommend doing more than tape on the inlet side though. That will work fine at first...but is more likely to degrade and lose its glue...then it will get sucked in 8^( Cap it off with something like the other side of the BOV has.

I'm not familiar with the bolt holding the stock BOV on. Mine had the HKS SSQV kit on when I got it. It was just clamped on to a tube though...no bolts. Can you get a closer picture just of the BOV and bolt you're talking about?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just remove the BOV and plug the holes. Or, I happen to have that JDM pipe that the BOV bolts to. Happy to switch it out for a tiny little bit o' $ just to cover my time. Gimme a call.
940-395-8801. We're in Denton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts