Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I put on a BIC DDP and hooked up my trusty AEM wideband and now when I try and boost, I get maybe 1psi and the wideband reads off the charts lean. This makes absolutely no sense. Idles and drives fine as long as I get nowhere near boost.

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah that'd be if it went rich. Nothing is ever that simple when I work on cars.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Wastegate flung open so you cant build boost... Maybe... Remember the stock elbow doesnt have the room for the flap to swing wide open... Did you hook your O2 sensor back up properly?

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would I check for something like that and how would that cause >18:1 AFR?

·
MKIII Obsession
516 Posts
Reign_Maker: he's running a BIC DDP, which eliminates the stock turbo elbow.

i agree that it's probably your wastegate. and definetly check to make sure your WB sensor isn't broken or installed incorrectly.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
make sure the vac line going to the fpr is good. if it isnt getting a vac signal it will not raise fuel pressure under boost.

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vac signal is good. And if that were the problem, I'd probably just run kinda lean and blow the rings or something fun like that. It just goes flat on its face (motor struggles to run at al) when I break into positive pressure and the WB goes something like 11:1 - 14:1 - 17:1 - --- (off the charts lean on AEM) in about 1 second.

·
I<3 Dashboard Waterfall
386 Posts
did you check the wastegate?
If the wastegate were holding open he would build little or no boost, he would probably hit FC, and if anything, he would be rich with a healthy fuel/o2 system. If his WG were malfunctioning and holding closed, he would see retarded boost numbers (due to no gases bypassing the turbine), and again, he would hit FC.

·
2JZ NA-T MKIII
666 Posts
We need codes before we can further diagnose anything.. it could be an O2 problem, but more likely an airflow signal problem. It's going to be very difficult to tell without them.

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up being a pinhole leak in the fuel supply line on the tank... would only leak under higher pressure/flow.

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Especially since the hose was new :1poke:

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah that's how I roll. That boss was a bitch on my first playthrough.

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
Ended up being a pinhole leak in the fuel supply line on the tank... would only leak under higher pressure/flow.
Always good to find the source of your problem, I was about to say fuel pump after reading the first few posts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts