Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone...what ever happen to "Off-Topic" forum? Did anyone else get kicked out of there? I still receive email about new posts to threads that i have posted in "Off-Topic", so it still exists but I'm not allowed in. Guess with the new upgrade and such, someone put up a script to block out people with not enough post counts.

Is there someone I can talk to about this? I think it's kind of unfair. Sure I don't post as much but I've been a member for a while now...I am no newbie. I've been with SupraForum thru thick and thin. I use to post a lot and my post count was high before the whole email address being sold problem but for some reason they have been reset. I not really a person to post meaninglessly to just increase post count but I do contribute where it needs to be and I check SupraForums everyday. I don't pay attention to post counts because it's not quantity but quality that counts and if i wait enough someone else is bound to ask what I want to ask or write the same comment. If you read through all the posts in a thread you'll realize people just posting without reading and there is a lot of repetition. I read the other forums so it's not a necessity but I feel cheated out of option to go there and also the "Off-Topic" section is a routine site for me to go to everyday.

I don't know about everyone else but when I get on my computer there is a list of routine sites that I go through to check out the new stuff. Hopefully someone can help me out here or is the only option to postwhore just to get my numbers up again (I hate useless posts and I know everyone else hates it...so I'd rather not go to this option. Actually I wouldn't do this. It's too much work and it's just useless, retarded, and childish)?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like the edit option is gone. Just wanted to add that I understand how the script works and the importance of it. Also that newbie tag under my usename is not cool. Maybe the join date should be considered?

Peaceout

·
Registered
22 Posts
There was a post about this yesterday. Before it got deleted someone said you need a minimum amount of posts to view it now. I believe it was 100.

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
980 Posts
You are still a newbie, and yes, a certain number of posts is required to view Off Topic.

You've got to give some to give some.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
There was a post about this and the main concern is that Supraforums is not an "off-topic" forum.
I think the admins/mods believe that if all people do is post/surf the off-topic forums then you are taking from the forums and not giving anything back which is unfair to the rest of us.
I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again; I agree that it's quality of the posts and not quantity but there are so many times I see members just asking for an opinion of which wheels he or she should choose or something along those lines. Just putting in your 2 cents helps the community and it'll also give you more access to different parts of SF since you'll be a contributing member.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
great now people are going to be post whoring in all of the other sections until their post count hits 100...then they will go back and troll in OT again :rolleyes:

·
Search
3,305 Posts
its a nice attempt to keep useless traffic down a little though. alot of people are here strictly for OT which is stupid cuz then the forums run slower for people who post in ot every once an a hwile and spend more their time in a tech. forum

·
Registered
194 Posts
2JZkidGTE said:
You are still a newbie, and yes, a certain number of posts is required to view Off Topic.

You've got to give some to give some.

Damn, I guess owning a 93 TT back in 1998 still makes me a newbie? oh well, ill live. The minimum post count isnt 100 to view off topic, because i can still view it. Probably 50.

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
980 Posts
BLKZ06 said:
Damn, I guess owning a 93 TT back in 1998 still makes me a newbie?
Still new to the forums, yup. :)

If you can view OT then what's the big deal?

·
Registered
194 Posts
yea im new, just been here longer than you. :)

it isnt a big deal. i dont post in off topic much anyway so i dont care either way.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.