Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,562 Posts
Not with 295s on stock fenders... if you have your fenders rolled flat or shaved flush then you can probably squeeze 265s... mayyyyyyybe with 275s if you dial in enough negative camber. Your ride height and suspension stiffness will also be a factor.

·
NAKA
341 Posts
Yeah... kauaian's setup is the same fitment as I have and its nice. I think I might have enough room to squeeze in a 285 and am going to try it, so we'll see if it works.
I wanted to try 285's but chickened out lol.. Keep me updated with the fitment when and if you do try the 285's, thanks!

·
4,562 Posts
i have +25 with 285's no rub but i have rolled fenders.
what suspension are you on and what is your ride height like? do you have a photo that shows the fitment?
and is your width 10.5 also?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This is already being discussed in the XXR thread.

seriously why are people so afraid to modify their fenders? its your car who cares do it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got 18x10.5 +15 with a 255-35 that's about stretched as I would want for the rear

·
Registered
565 Posts
Xxr wheels, na car, We tested it with no tires and it looks extreme, anyone knows if it will rub? Going with 295s
295's are too aggressive, sidewall is too tall with the multiplier (35). You need a +32-35 to run that tire. +20 = a 255... but it's going to look streched and gay. Just go weaker on the offset if possible or slightly skinnier (18x10 +20 with a 265 tire)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Reviving thread. I'm assuming a 18x10 +20 in the rear on a 275 is going to rub? Even if fenders are rolled and camber is -2? Lowered slightly on KYB's and Eibach springs. MKIV NA Supra

·
4,562 Posts
I think you might be able to do it on a 265 but not a 275.

And I am running a 285/35/18 with a 18x10.5 +30 now, on big bumps it rubs more toward the rear of the wheel well slightly but it's minor.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Reviving thread- good morning. I'm looking into some wheels- getting it at a very good price.

Car is a SZR so it came with the Bilstein shocks and regular springs? I'm not trying to change the suspension yet....

18x9.5 +34 front
18x10.5 +20 rear

What tire sizes are appropriate without looking too stretched and minimal mods to the fender of what not.

Please advise. Thanks so much peeps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,844 Posts
Reviving thread- good morning. I'm looking into some wheels- getting it at a very good price.

Car is a SZR so it came with the Bilstein shocks and regular springs? I'm not trying to change the suspension yet....

18x9.5 +34 front
18x10.5 +20 rear

What tire sizes are appropriate without looking too stretched and minimal mods to the fender of what not.

Please advise. Thanks so much peeps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Rishi,

My suggestion is that you ask this question in the wheel/tire thread in the Exterior subforum. I think fitment up front could be okay, but the rear fitment will not work without some serious body massaging and narrow tires. My philosophy is to try to get as much tire width on the road within reason, and that goal does not always peacefully co-exist with the hella flush look.

On my anthracite car, I did not want to do any body mods, so I have provided two pics below that show an 18 x 10.5 +45 wheel and 285/35/18 tires. Certainly, if you want to trim your rear quarter panels, you can create more room for yourself. Whether or not you can pick up another 25 mm (virtually one inch) is a question only you, or the gurus in the thread referenced, can answer. I was responding to another poster in the wheel/tire fitment thread in the quote below.

(Snip...)... The wheels that will, likely, give you the look you want are the Special Edition TE37s, 18 x 9.5 and 18 x 10.5 with offsets of +40 and +45. I have them on my car and they look like this:

With my 285/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires out back, I come within a millimeter or so of the rear quarter panel lip. There is no way to avoid trimming the lip if you have more aggressive offsets unless you want to run 215s out back (only slightly kidding about the tire width). Note, this is not a hella flush set-up. Good luck with your decision.

Ken.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mr. Gill, they won't fit properly. To get the wheels and tires flush with the fenders you're looking at 18x9.5 +36 and 18x10.5 +35.

Casper

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts