Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little wheel fitment help...

I picked up a set of Kinesis K58's for my car... Here's the thing... The fronts are 18x9.5 and the rears are 18x11.0.

They will be headed back to Kinesis to be rebuilt. My question is the offsets... What offsets do you guys think I'll need for them? Currenty they are +36 and +40, front and rear.

I can have them whatever offset I need, but I've never seen other people running that big a wheel on the car.

Offer up any thoughts on the offsets I need.

- Chris

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
i would think somewhere around 44 to 50 if possible would be better for the rears

On a side note, were you rubbing with your fno1r-c's?
you were on the h&r's correct?
i'm running this setup, well, soon to be running the h&r's and it looks like if i drop it, my rim will be flush with the fender which might rub.

just curious to know what your setup was

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't rub. I was rubbing with my old set of Yokohama's and old alignment. I switched to Nitto DR's and -1 degree camber, no more rubbing.

As for the new wheels, I need to discuss with Kinesis what kind of offsets are available. I might have the rears rebuilt into a 10.5 that would fit better.

We'll see.

Chris

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
My K58R's are 18x9 and 18x10. The offsets, IIRC, are 41 fronts and 46, maybe 48, in the back. You can confirm that with Nicole at Kinesis (I've dealt with Alan but I heard that he is no longer there) Just tell her it's the MKIII supra on their website :)
I don't think I would go any wider than 9" in the front but I know I could have gone wider in the back, maybe 10.5" or 11".
HTH.
--Ron

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jt2ma71 said:
My K58R's are 18x9 and 18x10. The offsets, IIRC, are 41 fronts and 46, maybe 48, in the back. You can confirm that with Nicole at Kinesis (I've dealt with Alan but I heard that he is no longer there) Just tell her it's the MKIII supra on their website :)
I don't think I would go any wider than 9" in the front but I know I could have gone wider in the back, maybe 10.5" or 11".
HTH.
--Ron
Thanks for the info Ron, I meant to contact you actually. I just couldn't pass up a deal on a set of K58's. I know the fronts work out fine, but I'm just not sure on the rears right now. I know the offset is too low and they won't work without a wider fender or modfication. Therefore, I'm going to talk to them and see if I can take the backspacing down to a +43-44. I just dont know how much clearance outside that will give me. I'm cutting it pretty close as it is.

- Chris

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
Front offset

I mocked up a set of 9.5" rims(35mm) offset on the front, just f/ shits and giggles, and they did not work. The edge of the rim hit against the lower control arm at full turn in. With a 10mm spacer, would have cleared, with a 245 series tire. Then the only problem is how far they will stick out of your fenderwells! With a good pull and roll though, you should be okay. Kineisis= siccer than sic!!! :bowdown: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i ran a 18x9.5 with 275 in front with a +33 offset and barely cleared the lower control arm. Im pretty sure a +30 with a 265 would be a better match. Im running a 10.5 (+43) with a 3mm spacer on 285's and it still clears the rear fenders without rolling them. the inside of the wheel does contact my coilovers going up steep driveways on the drivers side. there's not much more room on the inside if you are running on coilovers. so according to the offset calculator you would probably need an +35 to run an 11" and youll probably need to roll the fenders a bit.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/121584806/2067473490053900082wUFFrs

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
twinturbozs said:
i ran a 18x9.5 with 275 in front with a +33 offset and barely cleared the lower control arm. Im pretty sure a +30 with a 265 would be a better match. Im running a 10.5 (+43) with a 3mm spacer on 285's and it still clears the rear fenders without rolling them. the inside of the wheel does contact my coilovers going up steep driveways on the drivers side. there's not much more room on the inside if you are running on coilovers. so according to the offset calculator you would probably need an +35 to run an 11" and youll probably need to roll the fenders a bit.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/121584806/2067473490053900082wUFFrs
Thanks bro. I'm going to discuss with Kinesis about having them rebuilt. I know the rears will be rebuilt into a 10.5, but I might have the fronts rebuilt into a 9". We'll see.

One other thing that you guys can help me with... Decision time.. Currently the centers are the standard satin finish. I am trying to decide whether or not to leave them satin, finish the centers in Bronze like my FN01-C's are, or have the centers painted to match the lower body color.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
How do wheels get "rebuilt" ? They are actually cutting your wheels?

I wish Volk did custom orders to make wheels different offsets / wider, but you have to order in 20's to get that done.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SupraOfDoom said:
How do wheels get "rebuilt" ? They are actually cutting your wheels?

I wish Volk did custom orders to make wheels different offsets / wider, but you have to order in 20's to get that done.
Kinesis will take the wheels and break them down. They will replace the center disk with the correct width that I need and then install new lips.

The cost is minimal, about $150 per wheel to do it.

- Chris

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Just change the offsets and pull your fenders or go widebody ^^.

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
5Zigen's

Hams;

Are you going to sell those FN's, or keep em'? Or would you consider a trade for something?

Tom

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I just bought some 18x10's with a +44 offset in the rear and I am running a 275/35 tire and it just clears. You might have to trim a bit of the inner lip off of the rear fender. I would say with 10.5's you will need a 45-48 offset, but you will start to get close to the strut and if you have beefy trailing arms it gets close too.

On the front I got 18x 8.5 with a +30 offset, with 245/40 tire the outside sits perfectly flush with the top of the fender edge. My lip on the front is only 1/4" less than the one on the rear.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
becauseican said:
I just bought some 18x10's with a +44 offset in the rear and I am running a 275/35 tire and it just clears. You might have to trim a bit of the inner lip off of the rear fender. I would say with 10.5's you will need a 45-48 offset, but you will start to get close to the strut and if you have beefy trailing arms it gets close too.

On the front I got 18x 8.5 with a +30 offset, with 245/40 tire the outside sits perfectly flush with the top of the fender edge. My lip on the front is only 1/4" less than the one on the rear.
I have 10's now +35 on the back with no issues.

I spoke with Kinesis today. It will cost me $400 a wheel to rebuild them, re-finish if needed, and change the widths/offsets.

The fronts will stay the same and the rears are going to be a 10.5" +43.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1jzSupraGuy said:
post pics as soon as you have them mounted.

Surely will. I bet Kinesis will take a little time getting them rebuilt, but we'll see!

- Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts