Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I forgot that when i pulled the twins off the motor before i had it in the car to do the Y pipe, i remember seeing some oil on the lip of the front turbo compressor housing. Well, today I noticed some smoke all the sudden on idle at a stoplight. nothing the rest of the way home. I got home, let it idle in the driveway for a few minutes and still nothing. The I quick pressed the gas from 700 to 1100rpm. just after it went back down, i get billowing smoke. It doesn;t appear blue...more light grey or darker white. smells burnt like rubber or something. it smoked for about 30 seconds and stopped again. I can decide whether it would be valve stem seals or turbo...i guess i have never really noticed smoke on start up. Oh well, is it sad that this excites me into doing more to my car now instead of making me mad? :) larger twins...here i come....i hope

Trev

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
My car did the same thing and that is why I have a big single now and no smoke.

Jeremy

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
is it just me or do you guys think the stock bov is in a stupid location.when i took my turbo's off before the swap,i noticed the front turbo had a little shaft play.when you take a look at the set-up of the turbo,s the bov is behind the first turbo.so when you let off the gas the pressure would still stall the first turbo.any thought's on this or do you think i'm paying to much attention to it.once i get my intercooler kit,i will be mounting one closer to the throttle body
keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts