Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the deal. my dad put in my jdm engine about 12k miles ago, using all toyota clutch stuff, either resurfaced or new. i dont drive my car too hard, just the way its meant to be driven occaisonally. this morning my clutch action was great, but on the way home, i did a hard shift into 2nd at 5.5 rpm and since then my clutch has a very rapid repeated tapping on it at all times. as soon as the engine turns off of course, the action feels normal. while driving after it happened, i dont think i noticed slipping, just a stunted notchy feeling clutch and it seems to take more rpm to engage it smoothly, ( at 1.5rpm it now jerks engaging) whats going on guys, any ideas, i dont know much about this stuff. it a bad part of the flywheel, or a throw out bearing maybe. please help me....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after another drive

i did a bunch of searching on the boards and took another drive, it seems TO bearings are associated with chirping of some sort, i just took it out for 10 min and noticed a ocasional rythmic ticking only when i pushed the clutch in all the way down. as i kept driving the pedal still felt notchy making it difficult to shift gently. 5 minutes into it, it became smooth again, just like normal, with nothing out of the ordinary. sure enough a couple minutes later, the notchy clutch came back and only sometimes i hear that clicking only when i put the clutch in all the way. still very scared, but it drivable for now.......
p.s. after friction point, gears behave completely normal without unusual sounds, there is zero slipping. my clutch master has plenty of fluid in the resevior. any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts