Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I compleatly forgot to connect the heating tube below the EGR, you know the tube on top of the Transmision start, and i have it all bolted, so no im not taking the engine out again, is there any way i can remove the Egr container or deposit or whatever its called to be able to access the tube and connect the hose confortably?

I just checked the TSRM Egr but say nothing of removing the thing, i want to take it out, plug the hose put it in again.

·
Registered
206 Posts
From what I've read,you have to take the engine out to remove EGR anyways.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
FinalRights said:
From what I've read,you have to take the engine out to remove EGR anyways.
To remove the cooler on the back of the head, yes you need to take the motor out. But to just block it off, you don't. Get block off plates, take out the EGR (except for the cooler of course since motor is in the car) and block it off.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
^ wrong! you CAN remove the egr cooler plate with the motor in... it's just friggen hard..

·
283 Posts
And it hurts...jackin up the back of the tanny helps though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No no nooo, I have to connect the heater return to the pipe thats located just on top of the transmision ,below EGR PLATE thats ont he head, this heater hose comes out from the firewall and the EGR vacuum modulator as it is called in the TSRM is right on the way of my hand and blocking the view of the pipe to connect the hose.

the hose is marked in red, and what blocks my view is in yellow

·
Registered
24 Posts
^No.

I installed my engine with this very hose not connected three weekends ago. It can be done...from underneath.

Just jack up the car and and crawl underneath there. Bring lunch cuz you might be a while.

Its a royal PITA to get on, but I got it on after about 1/2 hour of prying and pulling and pushing with a long pair of pliers. The hose itself goes on easy, but the hose clamp is the PITA.

Good luck.

·
Turbo Meathead
335 Posts
How Odd. I signed on here to search to see if the Egr Cooler can be removed with the motor in and here this is...
I am all prepared to do it. Jacking up the tranny will leave enough space huh??...cool.
Not that taking the motor out is a big deal...Having a place to do it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts