Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i fired it up for the first time since last year after a bhg and upper end rebuild, its runnin fine just sittin there for a while, probably a good couple of minutes. I decide to move it. So i put it in first, then move forward a few inches, and put it in reverse and start to move backwards, after a few seconds i hear the worst metal on metal crackling scraping noise. It happens as soon as i start the car but i didnt let it run for more than a few seconds. also when i open the oil cap smoke comes out. it seems to be coming from around that area, near the alternatorish. it didnt even start until i moved the car a few inches, which is the wierdest part... help pleeease :dunno:

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
alternatorish...:lol:

prolly got bhg again...or rod knock...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i never emptied the oil, also yes i added another quart on top just to be sure. but bhg does not sound like this, and if i have rod knock im gonna die. also i dont think rod knock sounds like this, this would be called rod snap crackle pop if anything.

also why would this problem not show itself until i move the car a few inches?? it idled just fine for a few minutes. until i wanted to move it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well you are supposed to change your oil after a BHG. Water on bearings is NOT a good thing. I would suggest changing your oil immediatly to get rid of that factor.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phew problem solved, it was actually a piece of my fan shroud broke off and got caught against a pully, hehe how embarassing, supra runnin good now :)

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
haha..

Good catch!

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
NICE, NOW CHANGE THAT OIL or we will have another " BHG AGAIN! " i don't know what cause it. Maybe the water & oil mix in my oil system was the problem. Should have changed it the first time thread. :) Better safe then BHG again.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool man, ill probably be fixin something fri nite haha. i really wanna be good n ready for april 28th at milan.. which leads me to my next post... *goes to make a new post*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts