Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Ready. Set. Gone.
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my S197, I've been doing more research and reading on the car. I stumbled upon this on Stangnet.com's main page.

Oh dear...

E for Extreme - the Saleen S302E Ford Mustang
You have got to see the latest and greatest from Saleen is the incredible Saleen S302E Ford Mustang. This sexy S197 packs a serious punch with plenty of show and go. A built-and-blown 302 ci powerplant takes this Ford Mustang from nil to sixty in just under 4 seconds and leads to quarter miles times under the 12 second mark! This feat is accomplished by 620hp / 600lb-ft of torque—plenty to go around. The speed is just part of the attractiveness equation—the Saleen 302E is possibly the sharpest aftermarket S197 Ford Mustang we’ve seen yet.

This pony doesn’t come cheap, however. A price tag just under $80,000 ensures that the power is very likely to remain in the hands of a few, indeed. The late-model Mustang aftermarket demand is strong, prices of these cars continue to command consumer dollars. The fact still remains that Saleen (and many others) are doing just fine with order fulfillment despite the price inflation.

Back to the car…

A full-fledged and born Saleen Racecraft suspension system allows the S302 Extreme to guide and channel the 600+ hp down to the pavement and allow for firm cornering without a tailbone-decimating ride. An upgraded 6-piston caliper, 15” braking system grabs the rotors and halts the sweet little steed whenever the need arises.

With production set for December 2007, the 2008 Saleen S302 Extreme Ford Mustang is going to be one of the most awaited aftermarket pony cars in the 20+ years of Saleen operations. Fans everywhere are excited to see this car in action and can’t wait to get their palms on the wheel.

Check out the full Press Release from Saleen after the drooling session over the images is complete.

Click for press release.

God Bless,

· Who's the Master?!
6,272 Posts
Cool, but it looks like another Saleen Mustangs with a carbon fiber splitter and rear diffuser, bigger brakes and more powa. For that price, I'll take a Mustang GT, slap on a full Griggs suspension, build the engine and add twin turbos. I'd add on a few body modifications and brakes, but I'd still come up around $60k or so.

· All Access Motorsports
1,929 Posts
waste of money...

· Registered
18,343 Posts
I personally wouldn't spend $80K on a Mustang but that is one sweet looking ride:agreed:

· Ready. Set. Gone.
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I swear, mustangs have the shitiest 1/4 times of any production cars with the amount of hp they produce. 600hp and barely breaking 12's. Where's the GTR again.
It is capable of better than the quoted times. There are guys pulling better times with less hp.

Production and pricing

The new S302E is slated to begin production in early December with advanced orders being accepted as early as November 16th. “Producing only 100 Extreme units this year, the limited number production run will allow us to build the car and deliver the Extreme to a customer a few days after the customer places their order. Retailing for $79,995, we are confident that our buyers will be very hard pressed to find another vehicle with this performance, this level of balance, and a factory warranty for this price,” says McCammon.

‘Power in the hands of a few! That pretty much says it all. We will make great, powerful automobiles that will be available to a select few individuals. We are not trying to make volume vehicles for the masses and we recognize the difference. “Make no mistake, we manufacture dreams. That is what Saleen has always done and that is what we will continue to do,” says Saleen President and CEO Paul Wilbur.
The car has numbers that are too conservative for the power levels. Like many Mustangs, the car is more for enthusiasts than those looking to crunch numbers. If any owners actually drive them like they are meant to, mid-low elevens shouldn't be too hard at all. Also, the 80k price tag is "justified" because they are only making 100 of them.

I agree with Ocelot. If I was looking for a fast Mustang, this wouldn't be the route to go. If you bought a GT and dropped about 50-55k into it you would have quite a bit more than 600 horsepower. I think the car should be more competitively priced at 63k at the most.

· Registered
79 Posts
I hate saleen and anything that has that name on it. I had a fully built 02 mustang GT with every saleen part that could go on it. I bought it all in one shot a big truck pulled up in front of the house dropped off about 6 pallets worth of parts. everything looked great! But fit like Rosi O'donell in a size 3 stripper dress! and they wouldn't take it back saying that's adjustments are all up to the installer! What a crap load of shit. and there customer service suck and don't get me started on the so called warrenty! So now im in a Supra and loving life Great quality and reliability.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.