Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, i'm gonna start this thread by saying....

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

ok, so last night i was in colorado springs, at my freind dan's house playing some NFS:underground, and about at midnight i go outside to start my car and leave, and what do i see???

3 HUGE TEARS IN MY DASH1!!!! :eek: I don't even know what to say, my car USE to me mint, and i loved it for that reason, now i have 3 fucking huge ass tears and it makes my car look like an old piece of shit :mad:

what do i do!?!?!? how do i fix this?!?! anyone please!:(

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
try one of those leather repair kits that have a special soldering-gun like device that heats up the leather so you can mold it back together with special color matched goop

edit: did you have Armor-All on the dash?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just swapped mine. it takes a few hours but its worth it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thermactor said:
try one of those leather repair kits that have a special soldering-gun like device that heats up the leather so you can mold it back together with special color matched goop

edit: did you have Armor-All on the dash?
yes, i use armor all a lot

51cards.... no vandalism here, it has cracks in the EXACT same spot as my freind's '88T.... and oddly enough its the same shape...... is there anything else i can do besides replace the whole thing??? :(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Share with us Thermactor, I was just about to buy armor all for mine. Why not? And what do you use instead? I'm actually interested in what people use to clean there cars, I'm going to start a new thread.

Deep_Blue

P.S. If you want you can post your answer there

·
Registered
961 Posts
Deep_Blue said:
Share with us Thermactor, I was just about to buy armor all for mine. Why not? And what do you use instead? I'm actually interested in what people use to clean there cars, I'm going to start a new thread.

Deep_Blue

P.S. If you want you can post your answer there
Armour all is shit.. it sucks the moisture out of your dash, causing it to crack in the long run. I dont even like and armour all'd dash.. too greasy for me. I just use a mild soapy water solution to wipe mine down. You can also get some moisturizer crap for your dash aswell.

On another note.. what is everyone using on their leather seats?

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Dang man.... It would have been better if vandals did it though... that way we all could get the mob mentality..

Damn that suck....,get a new dash.. or a nice cover for it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man, that really pisses me off!!! The sole reason my dash cracked is because i used armor all, all the time!! :mad:

I WILL NEVER.... EVERRRRR USE ARMOR ALL AGAIN!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

is there some way i can get this fixed without covering it?? (i think those dash mats are ghetto)

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
its all the same!!! ridah! what it does is sucks the oils from the dash to make it look and stay shinny..... armoral and other spray on stuff is also bad 4 ur tires as it does the same thing...... which causes ur tires to dryrot...... i would only use a jel based stuff on my tires..... and NOTHING on my dash...... just wipe it off

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
agreed. ask anyone workin in the interior industry. armor all = lots of dash repairs.
best bet is to use lexol. that stuff rocks and dash friendly :)
where exactly is it cracked? if you cant make it look decent and dont wanna swap (pita) try taking it to a shop. there are some around here that can make it mint but its not like $20 to do it. if its on top if you are that worried about it you could maybe get one of those dash mat carpet things.

dave

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use lysol disinfectant wipes actually. They clean really well, and don't leave any residue behind.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Lysol...well, your dash should now be safe enough to eat off of.

Wipe with a damp rag, clean with simple green from time to time when I'm doing door sills and such.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I use 303 UV Protectant. The only place I have been able to find it is in my local kayak shop. My kayak turns pink by the end of the summer and one application of 303 makes it look new again.

303 is basically the opposite of Armour All--it actually moisturizes plastics.

·
Registered
449 Posts
hmmmmmm....armor all bad?? damn i didn't know this.....fuckers.....lets kick thier asses......no mo armor all for me.
dayam
sorry to hear of cracked dashes.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts