Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever ordered a new one? some dumb fatass broke mine a while ago and I finally got up to ordering a new one from curt (great deal + person btw) and I think you have to take off the whole panel above the door to install the plastic pieces, is this true? I cant figure out how else to install it.

·
127 Posts
If it is anything like mine were you can "peel' back the side of it.. it is hard to explain.. to reveal a screw or 2.

Try that

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can just pull it and it'll peal back? im talking about the panel that the window is mounted on... i have to get under that where the oh shit handle bolts up.

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
I think hdsupra means that where the two ends of the handle meet the pillar they are like bases with little rubber thingys over them that might peel back.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no.. theres plastic clips that come out of the pillar... i took the screw out but there somehow like imbedded inside... I have new clips becusa the old ones are broken..

G

·
Ahhhh, good info, we're trying to fix some up here in Aus, i think 90% of peoples are busted... BTW - we decided they were called 'Jesus Handles'. As in, 'Oh Jesus, he's using he's right foot again' while hanging on to it...

·
Registered
970 Posts
bobmarley said:
Has anyone ever ordered a new one? some dumb fatass broke mine a while ago and I finally got up to ordering a new one from curt (great deal + person btw) and I think you have to take off the whole panel above the door to install the plastic pieces, is this true? I cant figure out how else to install it.

The EXACT same thing happend to me, I need to get mine replaced. If you dont mind, how much is it?

Brett

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
yea my friend broke mine and i replaced the clip, I tried for an hour to try to pull the handle over the clip but i guess i'll save you the pain.. You have to take off the handle, put the handle over the bottom clip first, then the top. I tried the oposite way for an hour.

G

·
lol, who has a handle that isn't broken? They just get so brittle and snap off after so many years... Im surprised they are only $15. I would have expected like $40

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Peel back the rubber part of the handle back at the top about a 1/2". Use a small flat screw driver to pry up on a metal clip while you push the handle up and off of the plastic piece. Now push the handle down and off the bottom plastic piece if not already broke off. Finally, you can change the plastic pieces by taking out the bolt that holds them to the A pillar. Slide the handle on the bottom piece first, the onto the top piece. No need to remove the A pillar trim to do this.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
the handle on the passenger side a pillar.. called the oh shit bar b/c when you floor it people grab at it and say oh shit! hehe

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mazx6 said:
yea my friend broke mine and i replaced the clip, I tried for an hour to try to pull the handle over the clip but i guess i'll save you the pain.. You have to take off the handle, put the handle over the bottom clip first, then the top. I tried the oposite way for an hour.
HAhahahaha it took me like 20 mins to figure that out to.. iw as like oh fuck... then I noticed... but i kept trying anyway.. eventually i just took it off and put it back on the right way... it seems it sticks out a tad more then normally... but maybe i just didnt notice it before.

Dan94TT said:
the handle on the passenger side a pillar.. called the oh shit bar b/c when you floor it people grab at it and say oh shit! hehe
Heh.. not when you floor it.. when your about to get into an accident... you grab something... and say oh shit. That something would be that handle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts