Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having to sell my 97 jewel auto tt 2 1/2 years ago, due to increasing tuition costs of PharmD school and buying a new condo, I had been earnestly awaiting the next turtle. Well, here it is folks. Just what I wanted. The former owner was a 56 year old guy who said he hadn't driven the car over 500 miles the past 4 years. He owns cabins in Pigeon Forge and races his C5R on the weekends...must be nice.

97 jewel 6-speed with 53k miles on stock twins

Mods (Most done within last 5k miles)

HKS intake,evc,turbo timer
RMM downpipe
HKS super dragger exhaust
HRE 547's (18 inch)
Greedy 3-row
Tein SS coilovers
Greddy gauges (3 on a-pillar)
Do-Luck wing
Ab-flug hood and side skirts? (I think)
PWR radiator with Flexlite fans
UR pulleys (I am going to change out the crank for a dampened one)

See below for pic

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
942 Posts
Yea i seen this car listed on autotrader,I believe it started at 35k and then reduced to 30k.It looked very well taken care of and it looks like you got yourself a great car. Have fun with it

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i seen this car listed on autotrader,I believe it started at 35k and then reduced to 30k.It looked very well taken care of and it looks like you got yourself a great car. Have fun with it
Yea, that's the one. Considering how clean the car was, I think I got a decent deal. This wasn't a distressed sale, so the guy wouldn't budge a penny from 30k, but he had already came down from 35k (which I thought was a fair price anyway). The rims and tires alone were around 6k.

· This aggression will not stand, man.
5,305 Posts
Congratulations, those HRE's are so clean. I'm hoping I won't have to sell my Supra to afford medical school :(

· Glad to be back
3,478 Posts
Hey man I'm not sure if you remember me but I used to have the white N/A in Lexington, I've talk to you a couple times. Hit me up man, I bought another as well. We need to do some driving! Are you keeping the Do-Luck wing? I think that car would look outstand with a RMM wing.

· Registered
2,291 Posts
DoLuck wing.

Varis sides skirts. Keep those side skirts, hard to come by in the states.

Nice setup, any more pics?
Lose the sideskirts, there's a reason they're hard to come by in the states, no one special orders them and no one sells them because they won't sell.

Everything else is really nice.

· Glad to be back
3,478 Posts
get rid of the side skirts and spoiler....weird that a 50+ year old guy put that on....

anyway the wheels are a MUST stay...but please go back to stock side skirts and maybe a RMM spolier if you want an aftermarket? Thing would be sex.
+1 couldn't agree more

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey man I'm not sure if you remember me but I used to have the white N/A in Lexington, I've talk to you a couple times. Hit me up man, I bought another as well. We need to do some driving! Are you keeping the Do-Luck wing? I think that car would look outstand with a RMM wing.
Is that you patrick? Jimmy Tudor showed me the pics of your new dawg on facebook, NICE....... I guess it was about time we came back to fold!!!!

Actually, I don't know what I'm going to do yet as far as changes. I actually like the side skirts and wing(I like the lower/wider profile of the wing). RMM is nice though. I'll post more pics tonight.

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Front pic

· Inline for the win
6,404 Posts
That car looks familiar from circa 2001. I wonder if the owner was from Virigina.

The stock body with do-luck wing is what is pinging the recollection.

DP

· Stock Body Supras FTW
1,727 Posts
Nice pick! I would just change the side skirts and wing to stock and then your set.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.