Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Nice truck IC.
I think the older Ford power stroke alloy IC's are larger however, and can be cut down to make them fit fine. (The new plastic tank ones break my heart, but they too can be junkyard finds, if the core is good, but the tanks are bad, just cut down the core, and fab up some custom end tanks.)
Or go with MAXX's FMIC's, they flow more. (Or so I tell myself when I see 225.00 v/s my 700.00 unit.) LOL, great deal on a nice FMIC.
I think Dr. Jonez uses that same IC.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actual fin area is 20.0 x 14.75 x 2.0 ... in/out-lets are 2 9/16 (just bigger than 2.50).

adjuster- yeah, but this is even cheaper than you can get on ebay. I've seen a few installed with both stock and custom intakes... Adam and Kevin. Cool shit at a decent price.... ;)

I'd tell ya' your flows more paying that price too... but Maxx has some quality suff.

I had the IC HP's too... but sold (traded them) for my bigger picture... custom intake, IC, fuel, and eventually a turbo.

·
Eclectic
1,139 Posts
i bought one off him too. good i/c's. the guy at the rad shop was amazed that i got one in such great shape that didn't leak.
shoot me a pm or email about piping... i'm trying to find the best route. wish i had $$ for mkiv style intake :drooling:

big thanks to Derek :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brain- it was a fair deal (you made out I think)... :) all for the bigger picture in my case.

Here's what I've accomplished today...

1. Got x-mass shopping done for the family back in the mid-West (The U.P. of MI)

2. Got hardware form Ace to mount IC (Al strip, screws, and nuts)

3. Removed center support... and another trip to Ace for bigger Al bracing straps and a few more cut-off dremel bits

4. Finished dremeling the center support, reinstalled... and test fitted IC (best picture so far). It should be up another 1/2" or so, maybe more. Good thing is I still keep the integrity for the lip it provides. You can see my hack work...

Keithh and KevinM stopped by and shot the shit, got to check out his nice custom '90 w/ SP61.. 63 ??? Good luck on the dyno this week bro. :) I'll be soon behind on the pad.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Wow, thats big, ittl look reall nice when its done! good job getting such a cheap price!

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
WOW!! that guy is huge!!!

i know there is ALOT of speculation of weather that IC is "good" or not. let us know what u think and if u notice any diffrence! ;)

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Like he said I'll be dynoing my car hopefully this week with a SP63 and also DrJ has one.

Dave G of supertmotorsports.com uses one on his racetruck (2j, t-72,SDS) and loves it.

A lot cooler then some of the really thick ones that the air can't get through. Put your hand on the back side after a few passes on the dyno and see if it's warm or not...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Umm... sorry, had to bring it back 1 more time...

Well, it's finally installed... it sure does hide nicely (sort of). :)

I'm pondering a bumper mod now. lolz

Not sure if the TurboA-duct, a custom cut (or enlargement of existing) lower grill area, or maybe just ditch the OEM grills and go with mesh or something.

But most of the NPR is hidden... doh!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.