Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only SLR Mclaren in Norway ATM I belive, got a MMS (with pics) from 2 friends that it was parked down town, so I am heading down there now to check it out. Licence plate: DL 10000 or something, damn I can't wait to see it, wish me luck... and Ill see if I can get some pictures.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
i dunno - maybe its just me - but i dont sweat the SLR like everyone else. I was even more disappointed when i saw it in person....

·
Banned
751 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
i dunno - maybe its just me - but i dont sweat the SLR like everyone else. I was even more disappointed when i saw it in person....
I don't really like the looks of it that much myself. I'd rather take a SL65 AMG if I had the money.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw it an hour ago, parked down town. WOW what an AWSOME looking car... he fucked up the left front rim (on a curb or something). It was parked illegaly ofcource like all the rich guys do. He lets it stand there for many hours I'm guessing (think he was having dinner), that guy has some nerve to let a car worth $1 mill dollars (at least in Norway) stand there by itsself without someone watching out for it. We looked at it for about 10 min, and he was nowhere to be spotted... Anyways, AWSOME car, and took lots of pics on my cell phone :)

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Ugliest Mercedes EVER...

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
SLR is just too good looking...I want one...:drooling:

-Olivier

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Gleason said:

Word. Those things are ugly and ugly again. And they have no manual tranny option and the thing shifts so slowwwwww too. I got the video of some guy on here testing one.....

I would rather buy a F40 for that price!!!!!!!!!.....or two for that matter :bigthumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
They shift slow???

Well im sure they shift much better than almost any manual car on the road. As well as even shifts (same time between every shift every time).

I have driven an SLR (dad works at the dealer) and by no means are they slow. Im sure why coudl work half the supras on here and still be covered by factory warantee.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/fc3srx7/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pSK3eh_p4d3mxc5TcgWdA8Q!147&_c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1

Pics can be found there (copy and paste the link). Thsi car was sold to the owner of some large shorefront in Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FDTT said:
They shift slow???

Well im sure they shift much better than almost any manual car on the road. As well as even shifts (same time between every shift every time).

I have driven an SLR (dad works at the dealer) and by no means are they slow. Im sure why coudl work half the supras on here and still be covered by factory warantee.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/fc3srx7/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pSK3eh_p4d3mxc5TcgWdA8Q!147&_c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1

Pics can be found there (copy and paste the link). Thsi car was sold to the owner of some large shorefront in Vancouver.
Damn you lucky SOB :) How long did you drive it, and how fast did you get up to? 150 MPH+ im hoping :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Vilhelm said:
Damn you lucky SOB :) How long did you drive it, and how fast did you get up to? 150 MPH+ im hoping :)

I was fortunate to get to drive it along the #1 and #99 highways up to whistler where the car was being delivered.
I definetly got into the "holey shit" speed area, didnt look down to see how fast tho, but it was probably close to 150 area. The car is very smooth so high speeds dont feel so fast. Not like in my RX7 :p

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
It should be smooth at high speeds, considering it looks like a penis.

:stickpoke
big penis

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
yes, they are fast.

But i doubt, being a mercedes, that the shifting mechanisms are on par with the new generation SMG and Ferrari shifting systems....and the car cost's how much?

-Jonathan

1 - 20 of 32 Posts