Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant recall how much oil to use in my 1j. 5 quarts is what i remember but i want to confirm.

~scott

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
I put in 5 qts and no issues

·
Registered
586 Posts
Every1 is gonna say 5 quarts but for some reason, I only put 4 1/2. When I check the dipstick, its above the full line so thats how much I put in.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
^^Same here, and everyone else by me says 5 quarts, just dump it, dont worry about the full mark lol...

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
do you start it and let the pressure build and check it again.. it takes about 5 quarts if i remember

·
Registered
586 Posts
tissimo said:
do you start it and let the pressure build and check it again.. it takes about 5 quarts if i remember
I do I do I do! Infact I just checked it again cause you guys made me paranoid! Its infact past the full mark... so Iono. Does it being a soarer motor have anything to do with it?

1JZ Cressida said:
^^Same here, and everyone else by me says 5 quarts, just dump it, dont worry about the full mark lol...
Isnt too much oil a bad thing too? <~~~Nah Im for real... thats what I heard.

·
Registered
586 Posts
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
5 quarts on mine.
Fill it, then start engine , wait and then check the level.
Mine takes five quarts.
Not tryin to be funny but I didnt see u put "turn engine off" in there. Hope ur not checking it with the engine on. <~~~ Nah Im for real!

·
Registered
586 Posts
tsuper92 said:
mine take's 5 1/4 quarts with oil filter relocation kit.i would imagine the 1/4 is in the hoses
O.T.--I was just looking into an oil relocation kit, which one do you have? And does it have a spot to hook up the damn oil pressure sender unit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts