Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have directions and pictures of how to instal a oil catch can?

·
Registered
538 Posts
One line to intake pipe on the turbo (may need to screw in a fitting), and one to the valve cover. The above picture is correct.

-Corey

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
what about on stock twins?... and what happends if you cap the one connecting to the front of the turbo?...

and... where should I mount this GReddy Catch can in the engine bay?

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
what does the charcoal canister do?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The charcoal canister traps gas vapors from the fuel tank, it's then purged and drawn into the engine while the vehicle is being driven.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i understand were to place the recerculation hose that runs back into the intake. what do i do if i am still running stock twins?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok didnt know if there was a place to put it on there without drilling a hole:(

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mini-filters on the side of the valvecover I don't suggest. Breather filters can cause oil to be pushed out of it and leak all over the outside of the valvecover. I was always told that positive crankcase vacuum is good. It helps with ringseal and keeps crankcase pressure to a minimum. Although on turbo and supercharged cars its hard to get a quality vacuum source off the intake side of the turbo or supercharger, every bit helps (better than just a breather). On my supra I don't have a catch can, I just run a direct vacuum line from the valvecover to the intake pipe before my turbo (no catch can in between). I have very little oil in my intake pipe.

-Corey

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
I'll take some pictures on the install....

suprab808: if you look at where the hose is now... it plumes right before the turbo on the stock twins.

I'll be installing mine soon with pictures. I need to look into removing the charcoal canister.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Supradedupra said:

and... where should I mount this GReddy Catch can in the engine bay?
mine is just behind the passenger side headlight.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
can you guys post pics of your engine bays?.... and what size hose did u use/where did you route it?

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I'm interested in this as well, I've seen both the little filters and catch cans. Just got my new supra and it is mostly stock, a catch can would be good to add. But I suck and a writeup + pics would rox0r :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts