Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an oil catch can for there supra? I was just wondering if it is a good buy or just a waste of money. Another question is what do u do with the oil in the can let me know thanks.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
lots of people do. i plan on getting myself on shortly. cleans up you intake by not venting the oil vapor back into it preturbo

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
supra8795 said:
. Another question is what do u do with the oil in the can let me know thanks.

You drain it when needed

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
i just drain mine into the big oil pan that I use when I change my oil.... or you can just pour it down the sewer :D

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
where my non functional cruise control unit was...

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
some people put it where their charcoal canister used to be when they ditch that.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
SupraMkiii24 said:
some people put it where their charcoal canister used to be when they ditch that.
This is a bad idea. the whole point of the catch can is to collect oil by letting the vapors cool and condense. It will be much more effective in a cool place.

This is where we mounted it on Funge's car. It's easily drained here without removing it from the car. You can't see it's shiny bling (the main reason why most people get catch cans) but it's 100% functional.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
If there is a baffle between the two in/out ports on the catch can there shouldn't be a big problem with the oil condensing. Thi is where I have my Ebay Special TRD Catch Can mounted:

Edit: Btw I have now blocked off the port on the throttle body and ran the line down to the turbo intake pipe so it looks like this:

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I think BBZOOLOO has a very nice setup. (Custom baffels to handle the oil vapor, and return only air back to the turbo, and trap the oil in the tank where it can be dumped back into the pan, or otherwise removed.

I have had zero problems with my atmosphere vented "catch can" to date.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts