Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one.
Do you still have the mvp/special edition ones? If not, which one do I need for the stock twins? I dont know the difference between 9mm and 15mm. Which catch cans do you reccomend?

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I need one.
Do you still have the mvp/special edition ones? If not, which one do I need for the stock twins? I dont know the difference between 9mm and 15mm. Which catch cans do you reccomend?
You don't actually need one for the stock twins as fars as I know of. That may be wrong. But you definately do not need the MVP one. The MVP catch can was intended for built engines putting down 4 digit RWHP with 30+ psi of boost.

·
Banned
28 Posts
maybe he doesnt want the oil going through his intercooler with the stock twins way its done. and i belive he is talking about the greddy catch can because the greddy one comes in 9mm or 15mm.

·
3,488 Posts
maybe he doesnt want the oil going through his intercooler with the stock twins way its done. and i belive he is talking about the greddy catch can because the greddy one comes in 9mm or 15mm.
supradriver247 said:
Do you still have the mvp/special edition ones?
Oh really? Is there a GReddy/MVP/Special Edition that I am not aware of?

EDIT: I think he was hoping to acquire the MVP catch can for built engines if it is still available. If not, he would take the GReddy.

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh really? Is there a GReddy/MVP/Special Edition that I am not aware of?

EDIT: I think he was hoping to acquire the MVP catch can for built engines if it is still available. If not, he would take the GReddy.
correct. I didnt relize it was for built engines. I just want to keep the oil out of my intercooler.

·
3,488 Posts
correct. I didnt relize it was for built engines. I just want to keep the oil out of my intercooler.
I'm not too familiar with guys running them on stock twins. I was under the impression that catch cans were intended to relieve crank case pressure under hard boost with big horsepower applications by catching the blow-by instead of allowing it to spray all over the engine bay. I could be wrong, but I didn't think anybody ran these on the stockers?

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
You do not really need an oil catch can for stock twins.

There has never been an MVP catch can, so I am a little lost here.

My guess is that you are calling either the TTC or the PHR catch tanks an MVP piece?

Many people get confused with TTC products and think they are MVP. TTC is a company in Florida owned by Eric L. (Cowboy Bebop here on SF). MVP does have exclusive distributorship on most TTC products, so I can see where it might get confusing.

On the other hand, lots of people call the PHR breather system an MVP brand. I think this is because my personal daily driver Supra was the first car to ever have it, and PHR never sold it publicly for years. This system is made more for built motor / big HP Supras. Its way more than a catch tank, not to mention it looks stunning under the hood.

I have all of these systems in stock here! The PHR, TTC, and the Greddy.
The Greddy is available in 9mm and 15mm hose. 9mm is for the MKIV, 15mm is for the MK3.

Kind regards,

Dusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts