Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first venture into NON bolt-on-dom so I am sure this is common knowledge...
I have to get Stainless lines for my turbo and was wondering if the fittings were pretty standard.
I like to do things efficiently as I have very little time to enjoy working on my car so I'd rather try to find out what size fittings I need as opposed to ordering a bunch and finding what works and what doesn't then ordering lines.
So.
Are the fitting sizes pretty standard or am I on my own?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
should be 1/8npt for the oil feed on the turbo. the block oil feed is 12mmx1.25.
you will need flanges for the oil drain on both the turbo and block.
unless its a bb turbo there shouldnt be any coolant lines.

dave

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
block oil feed is 12mmx1.25pitch. Dave mistyped. :)

turbo inlet is 1/8npt as dave said

turbo outlet is a flange. You'll have to buy a flange and go from there. Same with hte block side of the oil drain

coolant is 14x1.5 on the lower fitting, don't know what your turbo has.

Coolant on the top fitting is 1/4BPT. take a 1/4NPT tap and run it thru there so you can fit a standard 1/4NPT earls fitting.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
aljordan said:
Coolant on the top fitting is 1/4BPT. take a 1/4NPT tap and run it thru there so you can fit a standard 1/4NPT earls fitting.

Agreed, for the coolant top feed 1/4npt does work, and the bottom coolant port is M14x1.5..

And like Aljordan said youll need a pair of flanges for the drain line. Get a pair of
-10AN Male weld bungs and weld one to each flange.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dbsupra said:
unless its a bb turbo there shouldnt be any coolant lines.

dave
So you are telling me that the ct26 is a ball bearing turbo?

I was under the impression that Ball Bearing Turbos did NOT need coolant lines.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
ct26 is not ballbearing from factory. BB turbos most certainly do need oil and coolant lines.
eric

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
supraphile said:
So you are telling me that the ct26 is a ball bearing turbo?

I was under the impression that Ball Bearing Turbos did NOT need coolant lines.
yes 12mmx1.25, thanks al. its the same fitting that is used for the fpr on the fuel rail.

no the ct26 is not bb. a lot of stock turbos have coolant lines as well because of owners that dont let them cool down before they shut them off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts