Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
Nope, but they don't look bad though, and they are the same btw. First one is a bit cheaper for the same thing. If it were me, I wouldn't buy that generic stuff, look for something a bit more reputable, especially dealing with the oil system. I can see in the pictures, the pieces have imperfections in them, alot. I would say that it would work, but idk about the quality of it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
yup ive gotten the first one not inslalled yet but it looks pretty good
only thing i dont like is it relocates the oil filter ive heard alot of bad things with doin that so imma get a sandwich plate

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
yup ive gotten the first one not inslalled yet but it looks pretty good
only thing i dont like is it relocates the oil filter ive heard alot of bad things with doin that so imma get a sandwich plate
Yeah I want to get a relocation kit, but idk, the oil filter isn't really that bad to get at, just really tight.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
"Thinking" is good mmmkay ;)

You have 2 options
1) Fit a large trans cooler plumbed into the pressure based cooler circuit

2) Fit a full flow system.

1) Will work fine for moderate power but keep in mind that being pressure based it's going to take longer for the Oil to get to operating temp as it bypasses more the thicker/colder/higher pressure the Oil is.

2) If plumbed with quality components and large enough lines and a T Stat gives a great self regulating system that aids the Cooling in the engine as GTE's use squirters to transfer the under piston crown heat to the pan.

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
I have used Baker engineering oil coolers many times, very good quality and prices are good too

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
RX-7 oil cooler FTW. The thing is huge, has a built in thermostat, and I got one from a scrap yard for about $60 or so. Not entirely sure how I'm going to install it yet since the entire front of my car is currently sitting on the worktable in my garage but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Let us know how that works out with the RX7 cooler. I know i'll have to look into something like this aswell and have been postponing it like forever, but with a paintjob around the corner, i might aswell start tackling this too.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I was looking at the cooler on my friend's RX7.. holy fuck those are huge for just being OEM.

·
Registered
164 Posts
RX-7 oil cooler FTW. The thing is huge, has a built in thermostat, and I got one from a scrap yard for about $60 or so. Not entirely sure how I'm going to install it yet since the entire front of my car is currently sitting on the worktable in my garage but I'm sure I'll figure something out.
It is HUGEEE. It has to go above the intercooler or in front. there just isnt any room for it and the fittings alone cost $40 to thread an/npt fittings into the metric threads.

i have one with the fittings that has been cleaned and tested for $50 shipped.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is HUGEEE. It has to go above the intercooler or in front. there just isnt any room for it and the fittings alone cost $40 to thread an/npt fittings into the metric threads.

i have one with the fittings that has been cleaned and tested for $50 shipped.
pm sent

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you are looking for an oil cooler, why not get a used stock item off ebay?
I purchased the stock supra oil filter adapter and a supra oil cooler with the metal lines of ebay. once I figured out how to install the oil cooler in the stock location, it was s a snap.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Well most of us are looking to upgrade the oilcoolingsystem, so buying a stock supra cooler from ebay or anywhere else doesn't really make sense.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
If you are looking for an oil cooler, why not get a used stock item off ebay?
I purchased the stock supra oil filter adapter and a supra oil cooler with the metal lines of ebay. once I figured out how to install the oil cooler in the stock location, it was s a snap.
It's a pileOshit that's why.....

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If the cost of 2 fittings bothers you, I don't think this mod is for you...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts