Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Ok first off stop lieing to the kid.

Second, if you searched on this i'm sure you'd find quite about about it....

Anyways, oil is NORMAL in the IC pipes. It just depends how much you find to determin if it's normal or not.

If you have only a little patch or little puddle at the bottem of a lower pipe you're probably fine. It's form the PVC system.

You don't NEED a catch can... it will just eliminate the little bit of oil.

If you have blow by you'll have quite a bit of oil in the pipes and the IC before you even have to worry that the blow by is bad enough to address.....

·
Registered
582 Posts
ok if its a little then its just the PCV doing its job. If you dont want that to happen then just simply take a hose and run it to the ground on both of the ports. Saves you money invested into a catchcan. Damon taught me this trick. :) works like a charm

charlie

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
are you saying running from pcv ports on your valve cover to the ground? is so thats a horrible idea and you should go back searching into what the pcv system does and how it works cause your way off. if not sorry if i miss understood

7mgtemk2 said:
ok if its a little then its just the PCV doing its job. If you dont want that to happen then just simply take a hose and run it to the ground on both of the ports. Saves you money invested into a catchcan. Damon taught me this trick. :) works like a charm

charlie

·
Registered
934 Posts
If the car's IC pipping hasn't been removed in a long time, I believe you would find a good amount of oil sitting in your IC and pipping... This was the case for me, where my IC pipping has never been removed in the past 16 years... I think I found like 1/2 a cup of oil in my IC pipes and IC together.' Normal right???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts