Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· PTE 71mm dbb
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my turbo kit second hand.
But it seems that I not got al the right fittings and so on to the turbo kit. And the guy is a pain in the as to contact.
So Im wonder, beacuse the right size of the fitting for the oil feeding is pretty important to get right amount of oil to the turbo, is what everybody has told me anyway!

This is how it looks:

The fitting to the left doesnt fit anywhere (to small) so I am missing out on one side. And I dont know if the other one is right either. And tried to contact BL over email, but still no answer (sent for 1 week)

Is there anybody that knows where I can buy those small fittings for the 71mm dbb turbo without the hose?! And what size it should be on them?

· EchoDeDupra
7,159 Posts
Lol... I feel like I'm responding to every one of your posts.

One of the fittings should be a -3(or -4) x 12x1.25 thread fitting to connect to the side of your block for the oil feed. The oil line should be approximately 2 ft of -3 (or -4), and it should go to a -3 (or -4) 90 deg fitting on the top of the turbo.

What is currently on the top of the turbo?

· PTE 71mm dbb
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is only good I think. It seems to me that you know what you are doing to :)

There is nothing on top of the turbo now.
I need to know the fitting to the turbo. How big the restrictor hole is on that fitting. That was pretty critical for not blowing the turbo I was told!?

· EchoDeDupra
7,159 Posts
There is nothing on top of the turbo now.
I need to know the fitting to the turbo. How big the restrictor hole is on that fitting. That was pretty critical for not blowing the turbo I was told!?
That is true. As far as that goes, it's a part that is supposed to come with the turbo from Precision. Back in day, a friend of mine accidentally cross threaded one of the fittings into a precision turbo, and while the repair for cleaning the threads, etc. was $125, the fitting itself was really cheap.

Does the silver fitting on the right go into the turbo out of curiousity?

The reason I know all this stuff off the top of my head is that I just sold my old turbo kit setup and bought another kit second hand. The previous owner didn't include the oil lines, so I've had to re-custom make them ;).

I have a few errands to do until this afternoon, but I can show you everything on my setup so you can see what you are supposed to have.

· PTE 71mm dbb
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the silver fitting fits in to the turbo. And it just have a little hole in it.
But the other one doesnt fit anywhere, expecially not in the engine. So I wonder what fitting to use there.

Oh can you do that, that would be great! :) Then I will know if I miss out on somethinh else that I havent thought about also.

· PTE 71mm dbb
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is true. As far as that goes, it's a part that is supposed to come with the turbo from Precision. Back in day, a friend of mine accidentally cross threaded one of the fittings into a precision turbo, and while the repair for cleaning the threads, etc. was $125, the fitting itself was really cheap.

Does the silver fitting on the right go into the turbo out of curiousity?

The reason I know all this stuff off the top of my head is that I just sold my old turbo kit setup and bought another kit second hand. The previous owner didn't include the oil lines, so I've had to re-custom make them ;).

I have a few errands to do until this afternoon, but I can show you everything on my setup so you can see what you are supposed to have.

Supradedupra: How does it goes? Got any pics on your setup that I can take a look at? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.