Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,

i'm doing an external oil cooler and having kinky ideas!

has anybody made use of the two sockets in the factory oil filter bracket to send/return to a remote filter and oil cooler?

see picture

if you block off the filter side of the factory bracket and use the much bigger holes that are currently plugged you should get less restriction in the bracket.

an oil cooler adds resistance to the oil circuit, so i'm thinking that using these bigger openings will cancel out some of this additional resistance.

i reckon the small hole is supply and the big hole is return.

anybody?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Interesting idea and i actually have my bracket off at the moment as its weeping so i can see exactly the bolts you are talking about.

If you are going to those lengths though i'd say it would be better to do away with that right angled bracket altogether (which no doubt offers some restriction due to angle) and put you take off plate direct onto the block.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i considered that but finding/manufacturing a suitable piece is beyond me

the block off plate for the factory bracket has a smaller hole

to do your idea you need an adaptor that accepts the hollow bolt that attaches the stock bracket to the block

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... and the best part is that the filter thread is the same as the hollow bolt that goes into the block

see pics!

from the above mentioned thread...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts