Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the "FAQ" page (which is craptasticly chocked full of conflicting info and minimal solid answers) and then posted in that same thread.

However, no one apparently checks these threads as they're all pinned and not all complete, so I'm forced to cross post.

Sticky: Oil Filter Relocation/Oil System Upgrade

My Post:
So...
After reading this thread, I'm still confused as crap.

I've got the Universal Perma-Cool setup sitting in my lap (Read a thread here or on SM where someone said they got it working), but I've only got the stock GTE Oil/Block related parts...

So, what do I actually need from the N/A? Does this part (stud?) disable the factory oil cooler? Do I need an aftermarket one (Oil Cooler) to make my kit work (Or can I get by in the meantime)? Alll the criss-cross information in this thread has me thoroughly confused.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
You need the fitting that the oil filter threads on in the 5M, 6M, 7MGE motors. You can then screw that oil filter adapter plate onto the block replacing the 7MGTE Right angle adapter. If you go this way you loose the factory oil cooler. You can either install a aftermarket oil thermostat or you can screw the relocation kit on the 7MGTE right angle adapter and everything is like stock.

Most likely you'll need at least one right angle fitting for the filter plate on the block. When I had mine on one of the fittings always pointed at the stock IC hose. BTW the barb fittings are a PITA. If you can swing it go AN fittings all the way. Also the filter and lines need to be somewhere where the oil doesn't drain back away from the filter.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,956 Posts
I READ THE POST AND THE INFO IS THERE. Hell there is even a diagram what else do you need. Get the fitting from a ge from a toyota dealer.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You can use that with the stock oil cooler, just forget about the NA stud and put your kit right on the GTE filter block.

If you wanted to re-work the cooling system then you would get the NA filter stud and get a thermostat and replumb everything all together.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,956 Posts
PbXAssassinX1524 said:
You can use that with the stock oil cooler, just forget about the NA stud and put your kit right on the GTE filter block.

If you wanted to re-work the cooling system then you would get the NA filter stud and get a thermostat and replumb everything all together.
Now explain to me how to do that! :1poke: :wtflol:

The blind leading the blind. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts