Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, fairly new here. I recently swapped a 2jz into my 2004 Tacoma. One small problem I want to iron out is getting the oil filter closer to the block and further away from the shock tower. I’m looking for a sandwich plate that:

-mounts to the block
-has -10an fittings/ports for remote oil cooler
-has -4 fitting/port for oil feed for the single turbo

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,241 Posts

I've used this one before. Comes with two -10 ports for remote oil cooler and two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors and/or oil feed. Just get a 1/8" NPT to AN-4 fitting to feed oil and plug the other if it's not being used. Done deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I've used this one before. Comes with two -10 ports for remote oil cooler and two 1/8" NPT ports for sensors and/or oil feed. Just get a 1/8" NPT to AN-4 fitting to feed oil and plug the other if it's not being used. Done deal.
Awesome. And will I need a union bolt to attach it to the block and then the filter to the sandwich plate?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,270 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,270 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Mocal SP1T came with the required 3/4"-16 union bolt.

Here's one on the famous auction site (although it's in the UK, but the price is decent)
Okay so will I need to get two adapters or just one? I don’t see how the filter will mount to the sandwich plate with only one adapter because one side is male and the other is female. I would think one male would need to go in the block and one male going into the filter

·
Registered
24 Posts
Most sandwich plates I've seen only come with the union extender adapter. Personally I'd use a filter relocation kit like this:
plus a regular sandwich plate.

Or you could use an adapter pipe like this one:
along with the adapter the plate comes with to put it directly on the block. I wouldn't use a single adapter for both pieces since the torque spec on the union is somewhere around 80 ft-lbs (if I remember right) and the filter is only about 1-¼ turn past first touch of the gasket.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,270 Posts
Okay so will I need to get two adapters or just one? I don’t see how the filter will mount to the sandwich plate with only one adapter because one side is male and the other is female. I would think one male would need to go in the block and one male going into the filter
You're not using the stock heat exchanger then (between the block and the oil filter)?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You're not using the stock heat exchanger then (between the block and the oil filter)?
If the OP isn't doing so, I'd be the first to recommend a quality oil cooler. You know, considering it is the lifeblood of your engine and all.

Plus splitting the oil cooling and water cooling, for me at least, makes controlling my water temps a fair bit easier. Air and ducting are your friends here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most sandwich plates I've seen only come with the union extender adapter. Personally I'd use a filter relocation kit like this:
plus a regular sandwich plate.

Or you could use an adapter pipe like this one:
along with the adapter the plate comes with to put it directly on the block. I wouldn't use a single adapter for both pieces since the torque spec on the union is somewhere around 80 ft-lbs (if I remember right) and the filter is only about 1-¼ turn past first touch of the gasket.
Which length would you go with?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts