Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done some searching around on the net and sm and can't really find what im after.

i need to flush my tranny fluid. But i don't know what to use. stock is 80W-90 GL4 or 5 gear oil. however i think i want something that will take a bit more abuse and be good for high mileage trannys.

what do you guys use and what do you think of it. is the stock stuff good enough or is there better. brand names would be great as well.

on a side note i need new pads. what are some good brake pads. i want a pad that won't fade as much at high speeds. i may invest in some front slotted or slotted/drilled rotors for the front. just oem replacement though

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
brake fade on the MKIII is more atributed to the rotors and calipers overheating and boiling your brake fluid, not much is going to help...

I run royal purple in my tranny and it smoothed it out a bit, it still needs a rebuild but it's fine for DD right now...

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
redline shockproof :)

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
I use Royal Purple, and like it, but I have heard a lot of positives about the Redline stuff, mainly, you can actually get it easily around town. I had to order the Royal Purple in from the usa.

Any 90 weight oil will work fine, 75w-90, 80w-90, 90w. I use 75w-90 myself, it helps a bit when the tranny is really cold (like winter) as it's slightly thinner when cold (hence the 75).

If you change the fluid, I would highly suggest that you also change out the shifter bushings at the same time. Get a set from Marlin Crawler, they make some heavy duty ones for the W56 that also fit the R154. Actually, I have a spare set lying around if you want to buy them off me :). Fluid and bushings will make it feel like a new tranny.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
see, it's the exact opposite here, can't get redline easily, but I cna walk into the local parts store and pick up royal purple...

only reason I run royal purple instead of redline...

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
see, it's the exact opposite here, can't get redline easily, but I cna walk into the local parts store and pick up royal purple...

only reason I run royal purple instead of redline...
+1

I sell it at work, and therefor get a hefty discount on it. :D

Collin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts