Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my stock intercooler and found oil in the pipeing. Not like a quart of oil, but enough oil to coat all of the inner pipeing and a bit leaked out onto the floor from one of the intercooler pipes after it was sitting on the ground for a while. This car is a TT and a 6 speed and was absolutely bone stock its whole life. Do i need a oil catch can? Should i worry? Anyone ever found this after removing their stock intercooler pipeing?
Jeff

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
It's normal to have a coating of oil in the IC pipes especially if this is the 1st time you've done this.

·
Registered
753 Posts
yeah, it's seems to be normal. found the same thing when i changed to a 3-row.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
No worries, normal. A catch can will help for the future though.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is most likely the first time ever the intercooler pipeing was removed from this car. Guess i will have to look into a catch can in the near future.

G

·
when the oil is blown into the engine while boosting it lowers octane and promotes detonation, this is why a catch can is a good investment as well.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
msivyhuynh said:
when the oil is blown into the engine while boosting it lowers octane and promotes detonation.
Can you go into more detail on this statement? I'm sorry, I'm a newbie and I am confused on how oil blowby causes octane to decrease?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts