Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today i changed out my spark plugs. And when i pulled out spark plugs 4 5 and 6 and the bottom half was covered in oil.I Also found out that i was running on 5 cylinders. The number 5 spark plugs wire wasnt connected to the spark plug so that wire has calcium looking stuff inside of it. So now i gotta replace the spark plug wirs. But does that oil covering the spark plugs mean anything??

G

·
It could mean a few things.

Probably either your rings are going or your valve seals are going.

Does your engine consume oil, or puff smoke for the first few minutes after you start it?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope dosent consume oil or puff smoke.

·
Registered
114 Posts
probably means your getting oil in the sparkplug galley and when you pulled the plugs, oil got on the bottom part of the plug...sounds like some new seals are in order..

G

·
Yeah, it could be the valve cover gasket or something...like I said, it could be lots of things

youd have to diagnose it more

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what should i look into for like a diagnose so i can tell you all the info

G

·
Classic case of leaking valve cover gaskets. Relatively easy and inexpensive to fix.

See this page how to fix it, and pick up a new set of spark plug wires as your oil drenched ones are probably falling apart.

http://cjsupra.kendra.com/Hexupgr.html

While you have it all apart like that, a compression test would be a good idea. The testers are like 15 bucks, or you can probably borrow one fairly easily.

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
I went to my local screw joint and got the 6x30mm in a stainless steel allen head, be sure to use loc-tite

·
Registered
867 Posts
yeah it sounds like valve cover gasket. i went to the dealer and ordered different bolts to replace the screws that hold the valve cover on. part number 91511-j0625

1 - 11 of 11 Posts