Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf...
can anybody tell me wats wrong with it??
any idea ?? he told me that no leaks after he finished the oil change.. but when i get back home.. leave my car in my garage, after 5 hours later.. it leaks like 20 drops...
thats crazy..

G

·
Depends on the year and the model.

For example my 97 turbo, when replacing the filter oil leaks directly down onto suspension and stuff. And can drip off later.

I'd check to see if the filter or plug are leaking. Those are going to be the only things they would touch.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Professional Walmart Oil Change Technician. Anyone see a problem with that title?

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
bring the car back and let them check it again. if you have and money go to a better shop. malmark? i think they are like $8 per hour.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Check the oil filter. It may not be on there tight enough. This happened to me once after I had gone to my usual oil change facility. I had taken the car the next day to have the brakes done and the Toyota mechanic noticed that my oil filter wasn't screwed on tight enough. Let us know if this helps. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hope that is the problem let it drip off ..
hope tomolo morning when i wake up, my garage will be clean as usual if not... sigh..
i wont bring to walmart express lude do the oil change no more....

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
wow, you take your supra to walmart.. and let minimum wage people drive it and touch it... yuk man

G

·
heartbreakkid said:
wtf...
can anybody tell me wats wrong with it??
any idea ?? he told me that no leaks after he finished the oil change.. but when i get back home.. leave my car in my garage, after 5 hours later.. it leaks like 20 drops...
thats crazy..

Ohh I didn’t know they did oil changes.... On another not, WTF are you taking your car there for an oil change!? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
BLKMGK said:
Professional Walmart Oil Change Technician. Anyone see a problem with that title?
nope :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

his first mistake ..walmart

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i saw the dash light blinking (oil need to be added) today when i drove my car to work so i just bring it to walmart since that is place near by... well, have my first experience but i dnt think i will bring there no more/.
i will let u know if something happen.
thanks

·
Just Cruisin' Thru
663 Posts
suprattnsa said:
Check the oil filter. It may not be on there tight enough. This happened to me once after I had gone to my usual oil change facility. I had taken the car the next day to have the brakes done and the Toyota mechanic noticed that my oil filter wasn't screwed on tight enough. Let us know if this helps. :)
:agreed: My car was delivered with the oil filter loose and was leaking only after dissolving some of the undercoating making a real mess. Changed oil, put new filter on nice and tight - perfect.

Also, check around the plug to see if there is fresh oil there. You know, wipe it and then check it later to see if it is still clean, esp. after you drive it.

Taking car to Walmart: :nono:

·
Registered
713 Posts
K&N filter here. Did you check out the WMT74GTQ? :--) You're gonna get flamed for taking it to walmart even though it was the closest place.

·
Registered
103 Posts
wallmart.... umm... I know everyone has given their opinion.

i just want to explain what I almost did when I read the title of this thread:

I almost drop kicked the computer lcd!

I feel like punching someone.

:box:

·
Number three Hardtopper
586 Posts
Just to let you know the best oil filter is the Japan filter for our cars from toyota. They allow the most oil flow in and out of the filter and they have been proven to be better.

Don't take my word for it check the mkiv thread and see for yourself.

Also is your supra an Na? I would feel better knowing you took a non turbo to walmart than a turbo.

G

·
I don't know the setup at my walmart is better than most shops. And you can pick the brand of oil you want.

Whats the other choice for the guy, Jiffy Lube. Yeah theres a good choice. I want my oil changed by a 15 year old high school student.

My opinion of Toyota mechanics is even lower unfortunately.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Toyota filter

heartbreakkid said:
can i ask about something?
is the oil filter u guys use from toyota dealer or any oil filter??
let me know again thanks
What kind of oil did you use?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.