Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
tire killer
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i replaced my oil pan gasket the other day and all seemed good untill yesterday.
i had to follow one of my friends with his M3 well in the prosses of trying to keep up with him i noted that i had sprung a leak. at first it was a drip every 10-15 secs and i checked all fluids which where fine then drove it home ( i just drove normal @75 mph cruise set). well today at the exhaust shop i noticed that the front of the pan gasket had a tear. so i drove it over to my shop and cleaned the front of the engine, trimed the torn gasket and sealed the pan with an epoxy. then let it sit for 3 hours and i noticed that the pan was no longer leaking but there was still oil leaking. i drove it home and noticed that there was oil from under the power steering resivior and all over the front part of the passanger engine bay. it is a healthy leak

what is on the passanger side of the engine bay that would put oil all over like that?
any other ideas?

-shane

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
the CPS, doesnt it have seals?

·
Registered
113 Posts
CPS, exhaust cam seal, oil cooler hoses... that I know of. There may be other stuff there too, those are just the ones I've dealt with so far.

·
tire killer
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the oil cooler hose is what i thought of first. the cams seals was a hunch till i saw the oil up that high.

the other strange thing is that ever since i bought the car the exhaust mani is always wet around the 1 and 2nd cylender. that i was thinking was cps just leaking a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts