Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got my supra and i knew it had a vaccum leak which i figured as the intake manifold gasket. only thing is that its leaking oil and it seems to be coming from right above the intake manifold in the front. its pooling on the first couple of runners which is how i know its not coming from below the manifold. is there some kind of oil circulation hose or something up there, or anything that would be moving large quantities of oil? i dont think its the cam cover because its not soaked around it and its leaking quite a bit of oil. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way i did search and noticed that someone had an oil leak problem but im not sure if my leak and his are both in the same spot which is why im asking.

·
Certified Toyota Tech
352 Posts
seems like the cam cover gaskets to me. If you have the money, I would suggest buying a total kit and replace all the gaskets at once. It could also be the bypass hose coming from the cam covers, but they would have oil on them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see thats what i thought at first also but in my past experiences when cam covers leak its usually all over the edges and around the base. i didnt see any there. it looks like its coming from a lower point. plus its a lot of oil. theres a substantial amount that comes out when i run it. its not a regular little leak.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, After Taking A Harder Look At It Ive Realized The Leak Is Not In The Front Where It Is Pooling On The Manifold. It Is More Twords The Rear, Over The Starter? If Thats Where It Is. It Looks Like A Starter At Least. Anything Back There Maybe That Would Leak Excessivley If Not Connected?

·
Frozen Lake Driver
1,284 Posts
I was having the same problem a while ago but it was on the other side of the motor by the turbo and after thinking for a long time it was the turbo, now i've taken the engine out for a rebuild and when i pulled the head off i noticed the HG had blown just enough to leak oil like crazy. i was probably going through 3 quarts every two weeks maybe check into that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts