Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some oil leaking when i park my car overnight. Not alot of oil is leaking but eventually the problem will grow. Any ideas on where i should start to look?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill give a shot of that and hopefully works and saves me some cash.

·
Suprasarous Y0!
1,116 Posts
Look around you're oil pan seal. Its a poor design and always tends to leak there.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
we could use more info here champ.....any mods, single, location of said leak, recent work? the first place i always look is just under the valve covers. there is a gasket under each that always leaks, especially when the valve cover bolts work loose a bit. if you are single, and i dont mean romantically, check the feed and drain lines of the turbo.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a twin turbo converted single setup (Greddy 78T) and rebuilt my head. The oil doesnt leak much since i check my oil levels and decreases very slowly. I checked under my car and saw the oil kinda spread out under from the oil pan and behind it. Im an amateur mechanic by the way.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Ok first you need to get you some purple power, and spray it all over the bottom of the motor.. drive your car in some ramps to get to the bottom...after you spray it down with degreaser, get a water house and finish the job..let it dry and start up the car and drive it around the block or town. When u get home go back on the ramps and look and see if you can pin point the leak.. use a light of some sort so you can see in the tight places...and post what u find...

·
Registered
318 Posts
also, if you use synthetic oil and want to track down the leak, spray down the motor with 409 cleaner. it turns purple-ish pink when it contacts synthetic oil and works wonders when trying to track down an oil leak when you cant see the actual trail of where the motor comes from. dont buy the off brand cuz it doesnt work. it's much easier to follow a purple trail than one from oil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts