Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've tried a search on this but to my dismay, it isn't close to the problem I have. Today, while parking my car, I decided to have a lookie under to see if any more of my exhaust hinges have broken off.... Then I see some oil dripping. I go to the front of the car to see where the oil is coming from.

I'm not sure how to describe it but, there are two bolts facing forward, which line up to the tires, and one of them is leaking oil, can anybody tell me what this bolt is....????

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its kinda hard to describe, looks to be somewhere near the oil pan.... There's two bolts sticking out foward towards the front of the car......

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
TRD White Comet said:
No, its not on either side of the engine, its directly below it....
You should take a picture man, it would be easiar for us to tell ya what it is, aight peace

:TTIWWP:

heheh... had to do it :)

:chicken:

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
It must be that one thing with the stuff that do that shit. i think i know what ur talking about :D

post pics man...we are clueless with ur descriptions...at least i am.

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, since the weather down here totally sucks, I'm unable to take shots of my car. However I think I can give a valid description of whats happening.....

Okay, first off, there's a big pool of what appears to be oil right smack dab in the middle between the valve covers. Second, I noticed that I don't leak any oil if I don't boost the damn thing. And lastly, when I do boost, the gauge readings seem to have a hard time getting to 9 psi. Any ideas as to whats happening...???

·
Registered
927 Posts
If you only leak it when you boost, I suppose it COULD be the oil return line from the turbo...would most likely be leaking at the block. Just get under the car and follow the scaled metal line from the turbo to the block...If there's an unsual amount of oil in and around there, it's a good possibility. Although both times mine leaked, it leaked more when I didn't boost surprisingly - I guess due to more pressure & flow

·
Boostin' to the limit!
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GrimJack said:
Valve cover gaskets are toast, right off the top.

9psi... are we talking oil pressure or boost?
Yeah, its boost pressure I'm talking about... Thanks for the info guys, well I guess I'm gonna be changing the gaskets soon.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
If your engine still has all the stock gaskets in it from the factory, you really need to replace most of them... especially the valve covers, camshaft front seals, and front crankshaft main seal. I'll guaran-damn-tee you that those ones are rock hard and cracking, causing oil leaks.

If you have a standard, next time you change your clutch, get the rear main oil seal done as well. If you have an auto, do it when you get the chance.

After you change those seals & gaskets, steam clean the motor and check the oilpan for leaks in a week or so, but chances are it'll be fine, and you'll have a clean motor for years to come.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts