Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shitty, I changed my spark plugs and noticed there was a lot of oil on the spark plug threads and on the porcelain part of the spark plug. Does this mean i need a valve job? Mabe oil from the turbo's????

I am currently BPU w/ 140K miles. The wierd part is that i don't burn oil and there is no smoke out the exhuast.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I already did a search and went threw 10 pgs. All topics releated to this were for MK3's.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
mike91t said:
Your sure it's not from your valve cover gaskets leaking and it got on when you took out the plugs?

i bet thats exactly what it is commen prob.

peace

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
welcome to the leaking valve cover gasket club.....cams,springs,retainers,valve seals,valve gaskets are on my "to do" list....might as well do it all at once, lol

Jason

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
7M-rolla said:
i bet thats exactly what it is commen prob.

peace
Thanks guys. I re-ran the search for "valve cover gaskets" and it seems like everyones had this problem. Sorry for the repost. For some reason, I couldn't tell if the valve covers were above the spark plug valley, so i thought that it would be a non issue.

Awsome, buy some new valve cover gaskets and run it for a little longer until i have enought money for a re-build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts