Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im changing my spark plugs and some had a coat of oil on the threads of the spark plug.. no oil anywhere else just there... im thinking maybe valve cover gasket... anyone else have this problem and care to help someone out on advice? thanks

btw ive been searchin on the forums and cant find a good answer so it leads me to posting on this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
i had the same sympton while gapping the plugs. do u know how much the valve cover gasket cost? and where i can get a good one? dealership?
 

·
Supra TT Senior
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
SuprattJay said:
so im changing my spark plugs and some had a coat of oil on the threads of the spark plug.. no oil anywhere else just there... im thinking maybe valve cover gasket... anyone else have this problem and care to help someone out on advice? thanks

btw ive been searchin on the forums and cant find a good answer so it leads me to posting on this
There was a thread about oil on spark plugs like 2-3 days ago. The same answer applies...most likely valve cover gasket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: oil on spark plus threads

s14roller said:
There was a thread about oil on spark plugs like 2-3 days ago. The same answer applies...most likely valve cover gasket.
like i said... i tried lookin and i had no luck
 

·
Supra TT Senior
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Re: Re: Re: oil on spark plus threads

SuprattJay said:
like i said... i tried lookin and i had no luck
I guess I just have extremely good luck with searching then...I just typed in "Oil on spark plugs" and on the very 1st page, 15th thread by BowerDM is the title "Oil on Spark Plugs" which happens to be exactly what you're posting.

In any regard, take a look again, you might be able to find some answers. Good luck
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top