Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive been digging around tryinn to find the reason why my car isnt starting properly. well i thought i might check on the timing and when i took the timing cover off i found tht everything under it was pretty well saturated with oil. for some reason i dont think tht is supposed to be like tht lol. any thought on what it is?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Agreed. It could be cam seals, oil pump drive or the front main seal. I did the latter two in well under a day's work and I'm slow when it comes to working on cars.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone know where to get those for a fair price. or do you think they may come with a head gasket kit

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The cam seals come with the headgasket kit, but not the oil pump drive and front main seals. I paid $22 for both the front main seal and the oil pump seal. Tip--carefully drive a screw into the old seals to remove them in seconds.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yeah, or haphazardly drive a screwdriver into them to remove them in seconds. lol

youll need a crank pulley puller tool, that crow's foot gimmic.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
I replaced all those seals in a couple hours. Honestly not a very hard job just make sure you do it right. Honestly thou it sounds like one or more of those front seals, id gues the front cam seals, but id replace all if I were you and already in there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you all for your thoughts and advice. im checking with toyota world for the price on those seals, tryin not to get discouraged.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
call up Jeff Watson, at Champion toyota. He's a great guy and will definately help you out. I live nearby Champion and have talked with him on many occasions, mention that your from SupraForums and you get a discount also.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
BTW the number to the part department is (713)-943-7010 and then just ask for Jeff Watson and they will transfer you.

Edit: Sorry I thought I had edited my previous post not made a new one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts