Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just recently i have had an oil leak and it is getting onto the belt and shooting the oil onto the underside of the hood. Ive looked everywhere and i cant find out where it is leaking at. When i park the car it will have a quarter size spot of oil underneath. Do u guys have any idea where this leak could be comeing from let me know thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
its probably your front main seal or your oil pump seal... Are you sure its on your timing belt? How can you tell its not being shot up from the other belts?

Both seals are a pain in the ass to do, but at least they are cheap. Good luck

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
its possible it came from the cam seals, happened to me

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Three things to check--cam seals, oil pump drive seal and front main seal all have the potential to leak and contaminate the timing belt. I just replaced the latter two seals on my engine--wasn't too difficult.

Ken

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not the cam seals they were just replaced not to long ago so maybe it is one of the other two. Where is the oil pump drive seal located at and the main seal also let me know thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
jpeek29208 said:
its possible it came from the cam seals, happened to me
Count me in as well bad cam seals made an oily mess on my belt. The dealer didn't install them correctly and had to redo their work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts