Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wandering what everybody else used on the oil pans besides the toyota sealant which I hear is prone for leaking. what sealant has worked for you guys the best?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hi-temp "red" silicone around the entire pan area. It's better than the toyota stuff.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've had great results from the toyota sealant personally, and stick with it... but yes the just mention hi-temp will work fine. Locktite has a decent sealant for that as well...

·
Vengeance is mine
907 Posts
We use grey silicone on all the motors we build...never had any problems.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
gruvytune said:
Hondabond. nothing better
Damn right. That black shit they use for toyota isn't all that great. They use the grey sealant from factory. make sure you clean all the surfaces well. Use only razor blades to clean the mating surfaces for the upper oil pan. Don't use an abrasive disc here or you will be hurting the precision machined surfaces. The factory grey sealant is an aerobic type. Hondabond and the toyota black fipg is anaerobic . Aerobic requires curing in the presence of air whereas anerobic uses only heat. You have about 5 minutes after application of the sealer to install. DOn't allow it to skin over. I would recommend not adding any oil for at least 4 hours after sealing to allow the sealer to form a skin on the surface of the excessive sealer.

Joe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts