Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I searched but the search was being gay and wouldn't work. SO I'm making a post.

I wanted to know what the easiest way was to drop the oil pan, to replace the sealer or gasket, what ever you wanna call it.

Thanks guys, NIck

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
I believe you have to remove a cross member then clean off the old gasket with wire wheel. Then apply the F.I.P.G

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
1. put car on jack stands
2. remove bottom nuts from engine mounts
3. put peice of wood on a jack and jack up motor by the oil pan
4. put a jackstand under the trans by the bellhousing
5. youll have roughly 4 inches more clearance... just enough to pull that oil pan out

make sure u make the engine ready to be lifted (ie. disconnecting intercooler piping, coolant hose, etc)

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I did mine, I was thinking that I could clear it by just jacking up the engine. I got the engine as high as I safely could, but it still wouldn't clear. In order to take the lower oil pan off (black one) you have to lower both of the cross members and raise the engine as high as you can. That’s the only way, unless you want to pull the engine. It's definitely a big PITA to do. Good luck.

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
Vitek said:
When I did mine, I was thinking that I could clear it by just jacking up the engine. I got the engine as high as I safely could, but it still wouldn't clear. In order to take the lower oil pan off (black one) you have to lower both of the cross members and raise the engine as high as you can. That’s the only way, unless you want to pull the engine. It's definitely a big PITA to do. Good luck.
eh, it worked for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts