Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, what is you oil pressure, and where is it measured? and does anyone know if there should be one or two springs in the pressure relief valve?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
The oil pressure is around 7bars at higher RPMs IIRC and the OE sensor is on the left side of the block a little up and in front of the oilfilter assembly. But you can also put an aftermarket sensor into the oilfilter assy by using a Lexus hollow screw there.
The article is here:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oil_sensor_mod/index.html

Hope that helps.
Gerd

P.S. Double post??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, but that is not exactly what i'm getting at,
I have a oil pressure gauge with the sensor in the oil filter sandwich plate, and i get high oil pressure 115 PSI, i was just trying to find out what sort of pressure other people get and where their take off point was,
I also have two springs in the pressure relief valve and i have looked at the manual and it only shows one.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Unfortunately I can´t tell anything about the springs of the bypass but your oil pressure seems to be within the normal range. People reported between 7 and almost 9 bar.. The sandwichplate is a good spot to measure the pressure.

·
Registered
830 Posts
yep seems to be ok, supras seem to be blessed with fairly high oil pressure if i can say but it's a safe pressure and high ish is better than low.
Be warned over filling causes excess pressure and will cause crank seals to fail :nono: yep i've learnt my lesson the hard way :agreed: lol, two spring and a little ball i believe, shake it and you should here it rattle if not clean it (petrol).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PRV is actually a cylinder and if it rattled i would be extremely worried, yeah overfilling will kill oil seals on most engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts