Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
The sender sensor is right under your exhaust manifold. I dont know what your talking about taking off your rad?

If you plan on removing it to put into the new piece you bought as per the picture then plan on having a proper threded plug to fill that hole.

·
mach chicken
1,033 Posts
It can be fun to get to, small arms and the right tools help. May try to raise the car, I dont know if it would be easier from the underside or not.. Its set back a little from the top.

·
smthing beautiful in life
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, so it has to be done from bottom side.

Guys, any1 knows the "proper threded plug" size or diameter? The oil pressure sender unit I bought has two sized threds, but not sure if it will fit.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
This picture might help you out. I run both the aftermarket and stock pressure sending units. I put the aftermarket, the gold one just in front of the oil filter, in the stock location. I put the stock one, gray one just in front of the oil filter, on the turbo oil feed line. I needed to create a brass tee.

Dennis

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the picture, Dennis. Greatly appreciated.

I just hope it won't require to take off the oil filter.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Thanks for the picture, Dennis. Greatly appreciated.

I just hope it won't require to take off the oil filter.
Probably not.

thread size is 1/8" bspt

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
funny
im about to do the same operation tmr ;)

question:

where do i get a 1/8 BSP to NPT adapter?

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I can remember USA -- try out Homedepot.

I was kinda busy with the vacuum hoses and boost controller yesterday, so wasn't able to look for the oil pressure sender unit.

Let us hear how it will go.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
yep ... HD was my idea ... i hope they have it ...

but i also have a very bad oil-leak to fix too :( ... damn royal purple ... i think thats the problem ... i'm loosing about 1/8 qt EVERY time i turn off the engine ... but when i read the oil level everything is fine ... (lost about 1qt this week... its just dropping down the engine...)

·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out the hoses. There do are some nasty places to reach, but ideal to leak :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts